Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 05-12-2005, 10:30 PM
Active Pup

My oldest dog Sydney grew up with her sister, who was actually my roomate's dog. When my roomate moved out I thought I would have some major issues. I was wrong. While she loved to play with other dogs, I think she enjoyed being the queen dog in the house. She knew when I came home I was all hers. If I brought home a toy, she knew it was just for her. And without the second dog, she had the other half of the bed all to herself. Eventually, I wanted another dog (ended up with three more lol.) and when I brought Malcolm home, I swear she was mad at me. She kept giving me this look that said "We were fine on our own and now look what you did." My point is that your dog will more than likely adjust to being the lone dog.
Askhim - Border collie/lab mix
Old 05-13-2005, 03:18 AM
Don't encourage me..

How about a cat?!! Gus has endless hours of fun playing with his kitty!!!! ANd she thinks she's a dog so it's great!!

The man who smiles when things go wrong has thought of someone to blame it on. - Robert Bloch

Old 05-13-2005, 07:27 AM
Love my pets

Gus, the cat's a great idea. CJ would love being the only dog in a house full of cats.

Now, the other option is maybe Grammy needs to get a present of a king size bed so everyone will sleep comfortably.
Old 05-13-2005, 01:38 PM
Top Dog

Don't ask me...I am content with 4
Old 05-13-2005, 02:26 PM
Top Dog

Hunter already has 2 cats to play with. I've got a Queen size in spare bedroom. I like my little maple twin bed....was my grandma's and I got her set when I was 7. Nash has it's mate.
Old 05-13-2005, 04:55 PM
Top Dog

Ok, I'm over it! Hunter enjoys being King Dog, too. He's just a rubberband and adjusts to anything! Plus, he's always jealous when I'm loving on another dog -- comes up and crams his head between us so I HAVE to love on him! Think I'll stay with one -- for "now"...