Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 08-29-2004, 10:52 AM

Ratboy........that made me giggle!

Well, Hammie may be a gourmet.......but I confess it was one the the very tiny...itty bitty toadies (or frog...I haven't a clue) I have noticed that recently the squirrels have stopped coming in the yard..and the chipmunks. We have trees all around......alot of oak. The squirrels are usually a fixture..tons of them (which is great...long as they don't come near the house..lol) Maybe it is having two dogs now that scares them away. One thing for sure...Addie is amazingly fast.....but she has never been able to catch a rabbit!!

Ratboy...I am forgetting........what kind of dog is King???
Old 08-29-2004, 11:48 AM
Felurian

Ratboy, it sounds like Farfel was just better about anticipating which way the rabbits were going to zig! I've seen some really fast dogs that couldn't catch rabbits because they tried to follow the rabbit instead of anticipating where it was going to and cutting it off. Bimmer's pretty adept at catching rabbits. Shiva and Kharma have each come in with one, but I think it was a group effort, Bimmer flushing and the girls catching.

I can just imagine your poor Mom's face!

And Debi, it sounds like you've got some smart squirrels and chipmunks!