Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog Health Care

Old 08-22-2004, 08:56 PM
Are you dead yet?

Ugh, I learned that one the hard way.
Old 08-23-2004, 06:50 PM
Dogs Made Easy!

Teddy, here's hoping your little guy keeps getting better! Let us know!
Kit
Old 08-27-2004, 10:55 AM
Active Pup

Alright, just to let you guys know that he is now fully recovered, although he seemed to have changed. He now is more aggresive, and sometimes he looks as if he were about to throw up. Is there anything I can do about the aggresiveness? He growls alot, maybe it's just the poodle in him .
Old 08-27-2004, 05:23 PM
Felurian

He may not be feeling quite 100% yet and that could account for the aggressiveness. When dog's aren't feeling completely healthy they can be defensive sometimes. Just keep him calm, don't take him out where he'll be stimulated too much for awhile, and let him convalesce.
Old 08-27-2004, 11:26 PM
Are you dead yet?

Like Renee said, he might still be recovering. Ripley was the same way awhile after his surgery.. It could be that he wants to be left alone for awhile.. Maybe a few 'rest times' a day, when he goes to his spot in the house (whether that be a crate, a bed, a sofa, etc.) and just stays there without anyone looking at him, talking to him, or fussing over him.. It sounds kind of weird, but it really helps my dogs every time they recover from something. They just want to be alone for a period of time, with no visitors.
Old 08-28-2004, 01:01 AM
Active Pup

No, no, he's the exact opposite, if he is not around anybody he spazzes out, he holws, and barks and whines until somebody is with him. This is not unusual for him but I was wondering if there is a way to get him out of this habbit. He also gets over excited when he sees somebody he hasn't seen, or hasn't seen in a while, he tries to jump up on them, and piddles all over the floor. Then when he doesn't get his own way, he get's really mean, only now after the sickness he has become more mean.
Old 08-28-2004, 03:25 AM
Are you dead yet?

Ohhh I think I know what it is..

I actually also went through this after I spoiled Ripley after his surgery and let him do whatever he wanted..

If your dog is feeling better, start working on the "Nothing in life is free" training concept. His problem is that he's running the show, when you really should be..
Old 08-28-2004, 07:40 AM
Felurian

Yep, Grace, sounds like you've hit the nail on the head there. Even if he's not feeling 100% yet, he's figured out that he's getting his way - and he's enjoying it!