Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog and Pet Fun > Cat and Pet Forum

Old 12-10-2006, 01:20 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Is it the lighting in the indoor or do you bodyclip Tristan in the winter? His color seems different...
He's just been body clipped for the second time this year . I've never known a horse who sweats as much as Tristan. If he's not fully clipped, it will be dripping off of him at the end of a ride. I'm also allergic to the sweat, so keeping him clipped makes the winters a lot easier on me. His real color is in the picture below - very deep chestnut. Poor chesnuts really get the short end of the stick when it comes to clipping; he's practically pink. At least he's shiny.

Quote:
I want a horse But I doubt I will ever own one of my own..
There is always the chance. Tristan is the first horse I've owned, and I didn't get him until my junior year of college. I leased my "heart horse", Boston Banker, during high school, and then just rode whatever my trainer could find for me. It's hard sometimes - more than 50% of my income goes towards Tristan, but it is worth it to me .

Old 12-10-2006, 01:54 PM
Mutts to you

Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonBanker View Post
He's just been body clipped for the second time this year . I've never known a horse who sweats as much as Tristan. If he's not fully clipped, it will be dripping off of him at the end of a ride. I'm also allergic to the sweat, so keeping him clipped makes the winters a lot easier on me. His real color is in the picture below - very deep chestnut. Poor chesnuts really get the short end of the stick when it comes to clipping; he's practically pink. At least he's shiny.
Gotta admit, I do love a rich, deep red chestnut color! Still better than clipped bays, I think... they turn grey, which looks pretty weird with a bay head. Lol!

Way back in the dark ages, when I first started taking lessons, there was a TB hunter who was either a blue roan or iron gray (I'm thinking a gray since he was dappled), and when they clipped him for the winter, he turned a pale lavendar - a very strange sight to see!

I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but Iím not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant. -Robert McCloskey
Old 12-10-2006, 09:09 PM
Top Dog

Grays definitely are the nicest clipped; I've seen several who come out with that pretty lavender/light blue color. I have a friend with a very dark bay who clips nicely too.

The funniest I've seen are buckskins. My friend has a horse who is a very bright gold buckskin in the summer, and turns lighter in the winter. The first time she body clipped him, he was an almost perfect dapple gray . Who would have thought?

Old 12-12-2006, 06:09 PM
but please call me Aus.

Aww, he is one gorgeous horse!!
Old 12-13-2006, 10:58 AM
Kaleidoscopic Eye

Wow, what a beautiful horse! Just gorgeous.
I am so happy to see some horse pictures on here.
I *hope* (quite desperately, in fact) to have my first horse by March next year.
Old 12-13-2006, 01:09 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
I *hope* (quite desperately, in fact) to have my first horse by March next year.
That's wonderful! Are you horse shopping now? What are you looking for?

I love looking at horses - you will have to keep us up to date!

Quote:
I am so happy to see some horse pictures on here
Be careful what you wish for! I'm so proud of Tristan, you may soon be overrun by horsey pictures!

Thanks for all the compliments, everyone. I'll have to pass them on to Tristan, who is horribly vain

Old 12-13-2006, 01:29 PM
Kaleidoscopic Eye

Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonBanker View Post
That's wonderful! Are you horse shopping now? What are you looking for?

I love looking at horses - you will have to keep us up to date!

Be careful what you wish for! I'm so proud of Tristan, you may soon be overrun by horsey pictures!

Thanks for all the compliments, everyone. I'll have to pass them on to Tristan, who is horribly vain
We haven't started looking quite yet. We're going to look at the ranch where I used to volunteer first, as they do trail rides as well and have excellent horses that would suit me as I want a horse that is just a trail horse. I'm just striving for trail and pleasure. Nothing too exciting or fancy. I am nuts about horses though and as I haven't been riding in a long time (ok, like a few weeks) I am going through a withdrawal.
And I would love to see more pics! Always!
Old 12-14-2006, 03:41 PM
Dog Show Addict

I want to see more
Ares
Princess aka Tettles

Old 12-17-2006, 04:25 PM
Active Pup

Your horse is beautiful! I love horses.