Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 05-10-2005, 11:19 AM
pointer/labrador/terrier

Default Mr. Shaffer

Hyia cried hard last night because she said mr. Shaffer bit her face..This is the report mom gave me this morning..she thinks that Shaffer must have slung his head back and hit Hyia on the cheekbone right below the eye with his tooth. Hyia was sitting on the floor beside him when she began shrieking. There is quite a bruise, but only one, and not a puncture. There is no mark anywhere else either..Mom says Mr Shaffer was very worried as Hyia cried hard..(that is a tender place to get knocked..right along the bone edge right below the eye) and he studied Moms's face for the longest time..then stuck to Hyia like glue, licking first her face and her arms..then he crawled under her bed and stayed there all night. Mom believes it was an accident..He is a very large dog, and has not snapped at anything..before or since. Hyia tends to drape herself over him and it is possible that he slung his head back like that..Mom seems to thinks so ..don't you think there would have been a puncture or another mark if it was a bite? He obviously felt very bad about the whole thing so i will pray that it was only an accident and won't happen again. He seems very fond of Hyia..follows her around and watches for her when she comes home from school. Tis a serious worry tho.
I had asked Mom last week if she liked Shaffer, and she reached down and wrapped her hand around that way too long tail and nodded yes..i could tell she really meant it too..so i don't want anything going wrong.

Go Petie Go Go Who Go!

love comes in many directions with mary

Side by side on the sofa sat three annoyed dogs and one smug cat
and then in came a little white cat
Old 05-10-2005, 11:45 AM
Top Dog

It sounds to me like he is very sorry it happened and that he didn't mean to do it. He followed her around after all and if he had done it on purpose he would have kept his distance from her.

Brady accidentally hurts me sometimes, like busting my lip and such, and he never means too, he just gets so excited and he is so big. He is very lovable to everyone, so I am sure that is what happened. He probably got excited from her loving on him and accidentally hurt her somehow.
Old 05-10-2005, 11:51 AM
Felurian

That sounds like just a typical accident. Hyia may have moved and surprised him and he slung his head around and they cracked heads. He may even have been turning around to lick her and her face was just closer than he thought. If he'd meant to hurt her he'd be acting differently toward her - and she'd probably have been hurt more than just a bruise! Remember, Shaffer probably hasn't had much experience with quick moving little ones, having belonged to an elderly woman before. You did say he was beginning to move about and play like the young dog he is instead of an old codger! He's still getting the hang of it all.

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 05-10-2005, 12:13 PM
Jerk.

It really does sound like an accident. Bailey acts the same way when he does something that hurts that he didnt mean to do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renee750il View Post
Sometimes BOTH sides are just full of sh1t.
AKpostal
Blog?
MyDrunkAdmin
Old 05-10-2005, 12:15 PM
Don't encourage me..

Definatley sounds like an accident to me!! Especially as he followed her round saying "sorry" the whole time!! And i think there would have been a puncture mark if he had bitten her hard enough to bruise!!

These things happen!! Even to me!! Gus jumped up and broke my nose last year!!! He was dreadfully sorry and did the same behaviour that you described Mr Shaffer doing!!

The man who smiles when things go wrong has thought of someone to blame it on. - Robert Bloch

Old 05-10-2005, 12:39 PM
Big Mutts

I agree it sounds like an accident. Carey and Maggie both are constantly hurting eachother. They play rough, but its always nonintentional. Carey is a big dog too, they can bump you on accident alot. Maggie and Angel (Mama's dog) ran smack into eachother once, knocking Maggie down. Hugs to Hyia and Mr Shaffer. He was trying his best to apologize.