Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog and Pet Fun > Cat and Pet Forum

Old 11-28-2006, 11:11 PM
Top Dog

Hmm she doesn't look incredibly young I would think that sex would be obvious. I don't know, I have never had a problem telling even at a week old. If she were lighter colored I would say take a picture of her back side and I could tell you. If you are really unsure, just run your fingers under her tail and any sort of bulge would tell you she is really a he. This doesn't have to be a gross thing either, you aren't touching anything directly, a buldge would be really noticable.

In case you didn't know, kittens can be spayed at 8 weeks old usually so might want to start thinking about that before she goes into heat. I can give you a list of low cost clinics or places to call for them in your area if you live in the US.
Old 11-30-2006, 11:02 AM
Top Dog

I'm pretty sure its a girl-but we thought that before and then months later the balls showed up

She'll get fixed-just not till she is older.

I guess when they took her in for her shots she tried to attack a beagle
I didn't actually ask them if they found out it was a girl for sure but I'm assuming it is since no one said any thing about it.

If I have any beliefs about immortality, it is that certain
dogs I have known will go to heaven, and very, very few
persons -James Thurber
Old 11-30-2006, 06:41 PM
Never enough pets

What a cuuuuutie! So nice of your brother to bring "her" home. My sister brought home a tiny black kittne with no tail she found in front of Albertsons. We didnt keep her though, she lives with my sisters boyfriend and her name is "Stinker" they say she doesnt have a name but they are always calling her Stinker so I guess that somehow became it...lol . She is such a sweetie and getting so big! Although she can be a trouble maker and realy needs a bath.. hence her name Stinker. So is it a girl or a boy? You said "her" balls showed up but then you kept saying "her". So which is it ?? Then I can help you with names .
Old 12-01-2006, 07:35 AM
Top Dog

Her balls didn't show up We had a cat we got when I was younger that we were told was a girl and then its balls showed up.

Its a girl

If I have any beliefs about immortality, it is that certain
dogs I have known will go to heaven, and very, very few
persons -James Thurber