Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 11-30-2006, 12:41 AM
Chihuahua Power!

Default Horrible Ads

This is awful, I found it in the classifieds... how can someone get rid of their dog because of a bill?!

Chihuahua, CKC registered, RARE BLUE MERLE, short hair female, shipped into Florida, still intact (has not been spayed), housebroken, current on all shots and rabies, on heart control, very loving, awesome with children, reluctantly need to sell due to an unexpected bill. Paid $1500. Asking only $550. Call: xxxx

Here is another one:

I am looking for a x-small to small-medium sized puppy; could be a year old. I really can't afford anything over $40. (Don't need any papers) We have a 3 year old son and we want to surprise him for Christmas! Please call! Leave a message if need be. GOD BLESS! Call: xxxx

And this...

WANTED ENGLISH BULLDOG PUP for low income family willing to pay around $500 please call Call: xxxx

TRADE! I have a 1972 Mercedes 280SE. Would like to trade for a Great Dane pup. Male preferred, but female okay too. Call: xxx

L to R: Chloe, Rylie, Emma, Tucker, and Rory
My Blog- Chihuahuas are not Sheep
Old 11-30-2006, 12:49 AM
Cavalicious

What ever happened to people having hearts?

Edit: I can't really afford anything over $40? Then why are you getting a puppy?!??!?

My Flickr

Last edited by em&ollie; 11-30-2006 at 01:12 AM.
Old 11-30-2006, 01:06 AM
Top Dog

I love the ad for the English bulldog for a low income family Um...that really isn't the breed for someone on a tight income!!!

I get so tired of people getting dogs just to get them and then they can't afford the proper care, food and emergency vet visits.

Ugh!
Old 11-30-2006, 05:43 AM
Dog Lover Boutique

What about the cost of owning a dog after the purchase of the pup? There are vet bills, food, etc. Some people just don't realize that dogs can be expensive to maintain correctly. They probably won't get regular vet checks and shots if they are that hard up financially.
Old 11-30-2006, 01:29 PM
Top Dog

The one that irked me the most was the $40 one.
Old 11-30-2006, 03:55 PM
Big Dog

Wow! I can not beleive that, some people! I know that I even if I am older than most of you, would not even consider asking that of anyone.

I will tell you this, when we were kids, and that is many moons ago, most of what we got was either a trade or money! Not too many had a lot, so a trade for food, was a great deal! Then was soo differant than now, you worked your buns off for 50 cents a day!

Now, you will think this is crazy, but this is the truth! When the men went out to buy a horse, to check its value they would stand back and watch how many times the horse would roll!

So if the horse rolled 1 time it was worth $50.00 11/2 times it was worth $75.00 2 times $100.00. You have to remember back in the day, that was a lot of money for us too pay!

So if it were the same today, 1 roll would be a $1000.00 2 rolls $2000.00. You may think this is nuts, and I agree, it is! That was the yr, 1944. So you can see how our life styles have changed! Crazy hey!
Mugs, Sissy, Missy John and I Fran send to my extended family nothing but the Best For Christmas! Happy Holiday's and Happy New Year Freinds! LOve is sent from out God above, For ever truly guiding sending you LOVE!! Hugs to all of your pets too! Fran!

I have been frosted by Skyboxer. Thanks my freind