Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 11-28-2006, 08:20 PM
Top Dog

Red face *Sigh* The dogs at Thanksgiving

The babies were up to their usual tricks Thursday. We had company, my sister, her boyfriend, the four year old, and the 4 month old baby. Boyfriend strongly disapproves of keeping dogs in the house, but has been told that they live there and he does not (thank God).
Because we had guests, we had to put an extra leaf in the dining room table. Not so bad, but the room is small and whoever sat on the far side was trapped there (Me). The meal went well until my sister attempted to give the baby some potatos. He shrieked and managed to grab the a napkin in his grimy little fist. Unfortunatly, the napkin was in the basket with the rolls. They wend flying everywhere.
The dogs meanwhile, were lurking under the table, hoping the 4 year old would drop something. I had forgotton to crate them. They think that the flying rolls are gifts to them and lunge out to grab them. As I am barkilng "leave it!" Radar chokes. He promptly begins to gag. My mother screams at me to get him outside before he throws up. Rememer, I am trapped on the far side to the table, while she is closer to him. By the time I managed to jump around my father, Radar has thrown up the roll, his kibble and the giblets from the turky. I got to clean that up before returning to dinner. Sisters boyfriend is smug, as if this has somehow proved a point about dogs being in the house.
I returned to dinner, silently chanting "I love this dog, I love this dog". At least he didn't get a bone. So how did everyone elses dogs behave?
Old 11-28-2006, 08:52 PM
Felurian

And you managed to refrain from stuffing the thrown-up roll in your boyfriend's mouth?

We went out to eat, so there was much whining when we left and the usually bouncing and waving of humongous paws and prancing about when I got back, lol. The usual

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 11-28-2006, 09:22 PM
Top Dog

Well, it was sad because my husband is gone. On another note though, the dogs were nuts when the turkey came out of the oven. I set it on the counter thinking it was safe. Went to check on the baby, came back in and guess what? Turkey was on the floor with Squirt and my poodle jessica. They couldn't do much becvause it was so hot. Will not tell you that I rinsed it off and put it back in because that would be gross, right?
Old 11-28-2006, 09:34 PM
Top Dog

Hope you had lots of family there to support you on Thanksgiving Squirtmom, (arriving after the turkey was rinsed of course? Lol) I went to my mom's. She were very suprised to see I did not show up with a dog. I made up for it beforehand by giving them a special breakfast, letting them join group play with the kennel dogs and then nap. I don't take my dogs out to family dinners until they have a rock solid down-stay. (Mine are both pups still). Less stressful for me that way and for my mother, whose not really a dog lover.
Old 11-28-2006, 10:00 PM
Top Dog

What happens when you leave pies on the table over night...
Old 11-28-2006, 10:01 PM
pointer/labrador/terrier

Quote:
Originally Posted by squirtsmom View Post
Well, it was sad because my husband is gone. On another note though, the dogs were nuts when the turkey came out of the oven. I set it on the counter thinking it was safe. Went to check on the baby, came back in and guess what? Turkey was on the floor with Squirt and my poodle jessica. They couldn't do much becvause it was so hot. Will not tell you that I rinsed it off and put it back in because that would be gross, right?
bet every single one of us would have done the same thing

Go Petie Go Go Who Go!

love comes in many directions with mary

Side by side on the sofa sat three annoyed dogs and one smug cat
and then in came a little white kitten,
Old 11-28-2006, 10:02 PM
Twin 2.0

We had dinner at my cousin's house, so Sawyer was perfectly behaved.
Old 11-28-2006, 11:38 PM
Top Dog

Oakley wasnt too bad!! He was hanging around the kitchen while we were making dinner, making sure the floor was kept neat and tidy with all the food that was "accidently" being dropped, lol

He kept nosing the oven with the turkey in it too!! Then was acting like a perfect angel when it came out of the oven, and putting on his best puppy eyes.

After dinner we stuck the turkey on the very back of the counter, cause usually its enough to keep food out of reach from him...we were all downstairs watching a movie when i hear him barking...
so i went upstairs to check on him...

the dummy is barking at the aluminum foil he managed to GET OFF the turkey!!! He TOTALLY gave himself away!! i am sure he got a few licks/nibbles in...

i very silently put the aluminum foil back on...took Oakley downstairs with me, and kept my mouth shut

Thanks Jessie!

Old 11-28-2006, 11:46 PM
pointer/labrador/terrier

those pies cracked me up

Go Petie Go Go Who Go!

love comes in many directions with mary

Side by side on the sofa sat three annoyed dogs and one smug cat
and then in came a little white kitten,