Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Rainbow Bridge - Dog Memorials

Old 11-25-2006, 09:19 PM
Active Pup

Default Not my dog but........

I had no idea where else to put this but I just got back in from my house from getting my garbage can in from the curb and I see a dog in the middle of the road im like oh no I moved the dog onto the grass.

What do I do? Do I wait to see if it's someones dog or what? I never had to deal with a dead dog before and Im clueless!
Old 11-25-2006, 10:09 PM
Water Junkie

I am sorry I do not know what to do...but it is a sight to see a dog like that on the road *shivers*

I am SO sorry! I hate it when dogs end up like that!

l ~Jennifer~ l
l Handler for Team Blazin' l Photographer at Joy Photography l Nikon D40X with 35mm 1.8 Nikkor Lens l
Old 11-26-2006, 08:07 AM
Big Dog

Here in Houston we call the County Dog control they come out and take the dog, just in case someone does look for the dog, they are usually the first place people call.
Old 11-26-2006, 08:55 AM
nothin' but a hound dog

Hey Vixxen,

I don***8217;t know what you ended up doing but generally you call the animal shelter or dog control whatever is in your state, they come and pick the dog up.

I know it***8217;s pretty awful to see something like this and you are brave for picking up the dog and moving it to the side of the road. You could put a towel or something over the dog if you wanted until the control come to pick him up.

I recently drove past a dog dieing on the road, I drove a few houses down to my parents where my dad came back and lifted him to the side of the road (by this time he had passed).

It***8217;s pretty horrible to see something like this. I was really upset that no one was stopping, but just driving around the dog. There were people in their yards gawking as dad lifted him off the road, no one came over and offered any help, to make a phone call or anything.

Anyway, I hope you worked something out.

Beagle Property Laws

1. If I like it, it's mine.
2. If it's in my mouth, it's mine.
3. If I can take it from you, it's mine.
4. If I had it a little while ago, it's mine.
5. If it's mine, it must never appear to be yours in any way.
6. If I'm chewing something up, all the pieces are mine.
7. If it just looks like mine, it's mine.
8. If I saw it first, it's mine.
9. If you are playing with something and you put it down, it automatically becomes mine.
10. If it's broken, it's yours.