Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog Food and Recipes

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-09-2005, 01:08 AM
United States Marine Corp

Default Confused New Pet Owner :)

I noticed that there is a thread discussing dog food, but I wasn't sure if this exactly fit into it. As you may already know I am new to owning a pet and I put a deposit on a 9 week old Akita which I will have Wednesday. I used to watch commercials an IAMS seemed like a great company for dog food, but for some reason a lot of negative feedback goes to it on this forum. I also read in someones signature that IAMS tortures animals. I'm very Anti-PETA, as much as I may sound arrogant to the animal lovers on this forum, I also love animals extremely, but I do not support their cause to turn everyone into vegetarians and their other propaganda. Therefore I just want to know what kind of dog food I should buy for my Akita, I heard that they were vegetarians mostly but I'm not sure. If anyone can put me in the right direction please, I would appreciate.

Also, I do not wish to offend anyone who is part of PETA, I'm glad you are fighting for a cause that some people might disagree on. I just do not wish to make enemies, only friends