Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 11-18-2006, 11:31 PM
Top Dog

The kennel club over here seems much the same way. It's unfortunate, but it happens somehow. You'd think a kennel club would love all dogs, whether they're mixed, purebred, recognized, etc.

Ripley
Keira (Very much missed 2007-2014)
Journey - Oracle Twist of Fate TreeStarr
Dance - Tollwest's Dancing In Style CGN FM RN
Old 11-19-2006, 12:43 AM
Walks into Mordor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizmo View Post
So were you going to show Voodoo or Zues?
Neither of them qualify as show dogs. I've just always wondered what it was like to show a dog, and thought handling classes would be fun.

It's sad that some people are like that about dogs. I know this isn't the norm for show people. But the snobbery of some people just astounds me.
Old 11-19-2006, 02:03 AM
Harumph™©®

When I started seriously looking for classes for Tosca, I contacted our kennel club. My impression of them was horrendous. The rules of their classes were so rigid and downright nasty, I just assumed they hated dogs. I mean, they were expecting dogs to be able to do things before they started the classes that were supposed to be taught by the classes. I kind of figured if my young puppy could already do all these things, like never jump on anybody or go near another dog, or not pee at the wrong time or not bark when she isn't supposed to, then why the H would I need them? What these people wanted was an obedience trained dog to attend their basic obedience classes. They also absolutely refused to train any dog before the age of four months. Now I know some do that, but if I had waited till the age of four months to start training Tosca, she would have been running my life by then.