Hurt paw, need suggestions.

I left before the dog got up this morning (he likes to sleep in). And when I got home, he was limping. My boyfriend took him out when they got up and he said he was fine. It is the right front paw and I looked it over and there is no visible sign of injury. It does seem as if he doesn't want me to touch it. It isn't broken so I am assuming it is a sprain of some sort. He is a small dog and has to jump to get on and off furniture so I think he hurt it that way.

Anyway, should we take him to the vet or see if it improves.

Doberluv

How do you know it isn't broken? He could easily have a small bone broken and you can't tell without an x-ray, whether he puts a little weight on it or not. Or it could be a muscle, tendon or ligament strained. If that's your pooch in your siggy, he could defintely hurt it jumping on or off furniture. If he's still limping today, a vet visit would be in order. Hope he'll be OK.

The front leg seems much better but now he is seriously limping on one of his back legs. I'm confused so we are going to contact a vet friend of ours and ask her to take a look at him. Thanks for the response.

Doberluv

Hmmmm. I wonder if he hurt his back...how it's affecting different legs. I do hope he gets seen by a vet and that he'll be all right. Let us know.

Members online

No members online now.