Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 11-14-2006, 11:12 PM
Top Dog

Well, people disagree all the time about dog food, so no philosophy here. I'll just say that my very allergic dog can only eat the Natural Balance duck and potato kibble, canned, and the treats. It's the only thing that doesn't break him out into staph infections. He's been on it for two years.

How to Love Your Dog http://loveyourdog.com
Therapy Dogs.Net http://therapydogs.net
Old 11-14-2006, 11:15 PM
Harumph™©®

Quote:
Iams and Beneful are two of the CRAPPIEST foods out there!! (IMO)

I hope nobody jumps down my throat for saying so, but, they are very poor quality foods, filled with fillers, and do not hold any nutritional value

No argument here.
Old 11-14-2006, 11:47 PM
Pit Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToscasMom View Post
No argument here.
Old 11-14-2006, 11:56 PM
Pit Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by krisykris View Post
I thought Beneful was a higher quality food considering at petsmart, petco, ect it's one of the higher priced foods. It looked like it had lots of meat, veggies, ect and my dogs really seem to love it.

IAMS I was a little weary of, but I know so many people that feed their dogs this, that I didn't think it was SO bad.
Just because a food is "pricey", doesn't mean it's considered "High quality"

Beneful, although LOOKS like there's meat, veggies etc, is actually food coloring. All those bright colors attact the consumer, so it looks the "best" and people will buy it.

The truth is, Beneful and Iams, as I said before..or maybe after this post I quoted, are horrible foods. I mean, not HORRIBLE, but not GOOD foods.
They're filled with fillers, corn, colors, and crap. No nutritional value there.

Like everyone has so kindly suggested, try Natural Balance, Innova, Neutro, etc. Those are considered to be "Good" "WHolesome" foods

Also, do NOT switch your dogs food cold turkey. It's something you need to take slow, and gradually mix. It took me a week or so to do it. It doesn't HAVE to take that long, but that's what I'd recommend.

Does any of that help?