Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 11-14-2006, 04:42 AM
Training the Trainer

Default Well, how's this for gratitude?

So, I've worked 22 hours in the last two days, and Max is doing some extra shifts at the hospital, too. We have been agonising over the dogs - yesterday and today I got up at 5.30am to take them to the park, and Max has taken them out after dark for walks, too. We've spent every waking minute with them while we've been home, and there've been extra treat balls, bones, toys and radio for their days.

It's only Tuesday but it's going to be a long week of overtime, my brother flies in tomorrow night from Sydney, and it's Dad's 60th on Friday. They are going to daycare for an extra day this week, too.

Plus it's super hot at the moment (beginning of summer) so the days are long and sticky.

I rush home from work today after being gone 10 hours, Max is still at work, I go out the back to warmly greet the puppers. They look at me, wag their tails, and continue doing what they're doing! I've been home an hour and left the door open and they haven't come in yet! Not interested AT ALL!

Thanks for the separation anxiety guys! Nice to know you're needed, isn't it??

We give dogs time we can spare, space we can spare, and love we can spare. In return they give us their all. It is the best deal man has ever made
Old 11-14-2006, 04:46 AM
Pit Lover

Haha, gawd I WISH mine would do that! You are so lucky. Mine gets zoomies every time I walk in the door, even if I've only gone to the bathroom!
Old 11-14-2006, 05:27 AM
Don't encourage me..

Lol! Gus sometimes doesn't even bother to get off his sofa when Christian my other half comes in in the mornings (He works nights) Gus just gives him a bleary eyed look and seems to think that it is FAR too early to want to talk to Christian, he should definatley try again in a few more hours!! LOL! Gotta love dogs that aren't morning people either! Hee hee!

The man who smiles when things go wrong has thought of someone to blame it on. - Robert Bloch

Old 11-14-2006, 06:59 AM
Top Dog

Awe...RubyLove.. I just saw a special on labradoodles from Rutland Manor on the Discovery Channel and I thought I was in love before but now I'm SO IN LOVE with them!!

www.lppboutique.com
Old 11-14-2006, 08:39 AM
Active Pup

There may be times when we wish our dog wouldn't gret us so energetically but we all rather like being welcomed home. Don't we?