Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog Rescue Forum

Old 11-08-2006, 10:29 AM
Top Dog

Default Please let me help

Although as a rescue or shelter worker it may not seem as if there are ever as many people looking for dogs as they are dogs looking for homes there must be at any one time hundreds of people looking for an all breed or pure breed shelter in their area.

I know because although my website www.four-legged-friends.com is still very new it receives visitors through Google for people searching for phrases like Boxer rescue UK or labrador rescue UK. (There is more UK rescue related content at the moment, but the same applies to US, Australia, Oklahoma or Egypt).

Wherever you are I can help people find you. All I want from you is a little of your time. Send me details of your location, tell me your story, send me the appropriate graphics file for your logo, your link and email details and a couple of pics of your dogs.

There really is no catch. I don't want any money. I don't have too much of my own to donate everywhere I'd like too and although my next dog will be a rescue that is not going to do much to help the tidal wave of unwanted four legged friends that choke shelters all over the world.

So this is what I can do. Please let me do this as my own way to help. Contact me by PM, here in the thread or through the website email.
Old 11-08-2006, 11:21 AM
Top Dog

That is so kind of you. PM for any needs.
Old 11-08-2006, 11:48 AM
Top Dog

Loooong PM sent
Old 11-09-2006, 01:41 PM
Top Dog

Okay, so what is the problem? Dear god, if I had a small windfall - enough to set up a rescue, I'd pay first for a regular vet, second for a couple of workers and third for someone who knew a little bit about marketing. Why? Because for every penny spent anywhere, you rescue guys are up against far more trendy 'causes' than 'Mongrel of the Week'. You need fundraising and you need people. Money to keep your shelters going and people to take the dogs you work so **** hard to save.

How do I know this? Because I've been there. Not in a dog charity but as fundraiser for Friends of the Earth in HK. Good God. OK, you don't know me. Maybe I am some kind of scam artist. But maybe, just b****y maybe I am not.

I don't know who I have offended here and whoever it is, I surely didn't mean it. I don't seem to have made connections and I don't know why. I don't much care either. I want to help. I am here to help. It will cost you nothing and just imagine if the page I make for you on 4legs brings a couple more visitors to your site a day. Visitors that have found you through me, through relevant searches on Google, from people looking to rescue a dog in your area. I have the experience to do that. I CAN HELP. Please let me.

All I need is your Rescue location, are you all breed or PB, your logo, your email and domain addy and preferably the most heart rending story and pic you can supply.

My site is about consider adoption all the way through.
Old 11-09-2006, 02:57 PM
Rescue Ranger

skyeboxer-I do rescue work here in the states...I looked at your site and it is very nice...what kind of things are you looking for from rescues? Feel free to drop me a PM...
Old 11-10-2006, 02:09 AM
Top Dog

Thank you SeniorPetLover,

I have PM'ed you. Look forward to hearing from you.
Old 11-11-2006, 06:47 AM
Big Dog

Very impressive, keep up the great work! God be with you in everything you do