Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 11-04-2006, 10:32 AM
Top Dog

Wish I could post a picture of our Nash here !! The biggest most beautiful eyes and smile !

http://mauzysmusings.blogspot.com/
Old 11-04-2006, 10:33 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
In an effort to establish and verify pedigrees for Labradoodles blood lines, provide ancestry of registered lines completely transparent to the public (no hidden in breeding or additional infused breeds), re focus the efforts of breeders on health testing previously untested lines, promoting Labradoodle to Labradoodle breeding with consistent results, and bring in new Labrador to Poodle only lines to widen the gene pool of top quality Labradoodles, organizations were established to monitor the formation of these incredible dogs.
Interesting Rubylove. That's what I'm talking about.....the occassional, but monitored infusion of a Labrador and/or Poodle to Labradoodle breeding to widen the gene pool. Sounds like they're tring to prevent too much inbreeding or even line breeding by doing that....therefore, lessening the propensity to genetic mutations....defects.

That's a systematic breeding program they've got going....pretty interesting. Yes, I think that breed has it's niche where there may not be another breed to fill. The temperament of the Lab and Poodle, the intelligence, the hunting/retrieving qualities which make them work along side man rather than a more independent type breed, the hypoallergenic and non-shedding coat, the sturdiness of the Lab.....it would make a wonderful guide dog for someone who has allergies or needs the non-shedding or less-shedding, whatever. I think they're really a nice breed which seems to be coming along as far as being a fixed type. Thanks for sharing that Rubylove.
Old 11-04-2006, 10:44 AM
Top Dog

I wish that I could adopt one. I've wanted a labradoodle for a very long time <3
Old 11-05-2006, 05:06 PM
Big Dog

xyo, glad you came back to apologize. Check out/google Mauzy's Musings........... a very sweet website with wonderful pictures, and smiles
Old 11-05-2006, 05:22 PM
Top Dog

Only four left on the list... Please tell me all the others have been adopted
Old 11-05-2006, 05:27 PM
Chihuahua Power!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbatd View Post
Wish I could post a picture of our Nash here !! The biggest most beautiful eyes and smile !
I would love to see pictures of him I think that children with Down's Syndrome are absolutely adorable! My friend has a sister with Down's Syndrome, she is so cute... especially when she interacts with my dogs!

L to R: Chloe, Rylie, Emma, Tucker, and Rory
My Blog- Chihuahuas are not Sheep
Old 11-05-2006, 05:55 PM
Top Dog

Thanks again folks !! Nash's Mom has read these posts and hopes to get on Chaz again soon . She'd better with Nash's Golden puppy joining the family next month !!!! There's a picture of Nash and my Ollie floating around here ....maybe a mod would post it . Grammy doesn't know how . ( DUH!) XYO ... truce . We all say things we wish we could take back ! I don't even use the word " retarded " anymore when refering to anything living . Mentally challenged . While I'm on my soapbox : Dr.Down didn't have the sydrome ....therefore it's not " Down's " ..... T21 was just named after him as he discovered it .( Steps down ...)

http://mauzysmusings.blogspot.com/
Old 11-05-2006, 06:45 PM
Training the Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doberluv View Post
The temperament of the Lab and Poodle, the intelligence, the hunting/retrieving qualities which make them work along side man rather than a more independent type breed, the hypoallergenic and non-shedding coat, the sturdiness of the Lab.....it would make a wonderful guide dog for someone who has allergies or needs the non-shedding or less-shedding, whatever. I think they're really a nice breed which seems to be coming along as far as being a fixed type. Thanks for sharing that Rubylove.
Before I got Ruby I was a dedicated, no-nonsense GSD girl, and thought I always would be. Max asked the other night - when it comes time to get our next dogs, what should we get? Of course `rescue' was the first answer that sprang to both of our minds, but we thought for a while and finally said, `I would only get another Labradoodle'. Honestly, I wish that you guys could meet our dogs. They are amazing, there is no other word for it. I have never come across such plain joy in another dog. They are comical and cheeky, dignified and wise, intelligent and inquisitive, happy and so full of curiosity and enthusiasm - it's just a delightful combination of lovely traits that makes them what they are. And the low-shedding is such a bonus (especially after owning GSDs!!) They really barely shed at all, they need their faces clipped once every three months (if that) they are big but not too big, they are athletic and dextrous - so many things. And a joy (and I mean pure joy) to train.

I know there's other dogs out there with all of these qualities too, I think all dogs are wonderful, but I am daily, more than once a day, reminded of what incredible creatures I have when a lovely combination of personality comes out in them - smart enough to open the back door and then silly enough to come barrelling inside and throw themselves at you for another cuddle - just pure delight, is the Labradoodle. I hope one day you all get a chance to interact with one for an extended period - you will be as enchanted as we are!!

We give dogs time we can spare, space we can spare, and love we can spare. In return they give us their all. It is the best deal man has ever made
Old 11-05-2006, 07:09 PM
Top Dog

A-w-w-w...what a nice tribute and description. They do sound delightful! I wish I could meet your babies and Dr2little's too, of course.