Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Puppy Forum

Old 11-01-2006, 09:43 PM
Active Pup

PS my boyfriend was totally against letting peyton sleep in bed with us at first too....but after a couple months of little or no sleep, it's much better to have a cuddly pup in the bed!
Old 11-03-2006, 12:29 AM
MiniSchnauzer Goobiedogs!

I have to say I agree with the statement about pupps/dogs not wanting to sleep alone. I understand what you mean about not wanting them on the bed, but I do think the dog should be allowed to at least sleep on the floor. Dogs are pack animals, you are their pack, and they are very lonely without that companionship, even at night.

Consider the crate/bed on your floor. It kinda makes me sad to think the doggie has to sleep alone in the big house.

Our dogs started off in crates, then worked their way into our bed. They do take upa lot of space even though they are small. But we also have a bed for them on the floor and they sometimes use that. But they generally always want to be with us, we head up to bed and they follow. They are heartbroken without us...

For us, once our dogs got a taste of the bed, there was no turning back. Well I suppose there coudl have been but my heart would break hearing them cry knowing all they wanted was their mommy and daddy (us). Dogs just want to be part of the family.
Old 11-03-2006, 09:59 AM
Top Dog

I like my bedtime buddy !!

http://mauzysmusings.blogspot.com/