hoy!

Rae

Hello! im Rae... i have no dogs but wish to adopt a Dobie soon. i live in the Washington DC area with my family. ;) i recently moved from the Milwaukee WI area, and am adjusting nicely, although there's still nothing like the breeze of Lake Michigan on my face.... ::reminiscent:: o well. i am really passionate about dogs, and am always wishing to meet more enthusiasts like me. enough about me- i want to learn about you and your dogs! :D

Let me be the first on the site to welcome you, although I have only been a member for a few days myself.
I'm sure you'lll meet plenty of dog enthusiasts other than myself.
Good luck in finding the right dog for you.
I hope you enjoy this site as much as I have.

Hi Rae! Hi Saluki Babe!
Welcome to Chazhound Dog Forum!
We are just starting out but are growing each day. There are a lot of great dog people here to talk with so visit often and be sure to post your dog pictures in the Dog Gallery :)

Chazhound

Hi Rae,

:) I remeber being like that,I love dogs! I've wanted one since I was 2. But my dad hates the idea of domesticating animals,and my mom didn't want one on the white carpet so I was stuck without a dog. Then finally this Christmas my mom okayed it! I hope you adopt your dobbie really soon.

WELCOME TO CHAZHOUND!

Rae

awww, thx you guys!! i hope i get mine soon, too... sry you had to wait so long for yours, soccerwoofer. btw, how do i get a siggy on this site?

Hi, Rae,

Have you checked to see if there are any Doberman rescue groups nearby? It's great that you want to adopt one. All of my German Shepherds have been adopted and I've never regretted it in the least.

Well Rae, I want another Dobie to. I miss our old one :(

Just as soon as I get a big enough yard I will have one too!
They are wonderful dogs. My shelties are great too, but I can outrun them :)

To make a signature just sign in, click on the User CP at the top menu bar.
This is your membership area. On the left is the links to your different features.
You will see one called Edit Signature or something like that. Just follow the directions
after you click on that link. Let us know if you have any problems.

Chazhound

Rae

oo btw, Renee750il, i am looking at some rescue groups- im looking at one called DAR&E, but still need to convince my parents its ok- lol ::crosses fingers::

Remind your parents what good security a dog like a Doberman is. My boyfriend used to raise Dobermans from European lines several years back. The vet always recommended his dogs to people who wanted a good, stable Doberman that had the old fashioned Doberman (read fearless) disposition. One of the people who bought one was a man whose daughter was going to the DC area for an internship. He was worried about her being there and wanted to make every reasonable effort to see that she was as safe as possible. Well, she came home to her apartment one evening and the front door was ajar, so she went next door and had a neighbor call the police. When they got there, they heard entered and heard sobbing coming from the bathroom. There was a man cornered, crouched on the toilet tank, crying and blubbering and watching her Doberman, who was sitting there quietly staring at him. There was a lot of blood, and further inspection revealed his gun in the corner. He had blood all over his hands. The dog had disarmed him and taken off two fingers in the process. The intruder was wanted for several violent rape/assault/robberies in the area.

The dog's behavior was a pleasant surprise for everyone, as she had been the smallest of the litter and normally had a very sweet, charming disposition. They know when someone's up to no good!

Good luck. I know I speak for everyone when I say I hope you get the dog of your dreams very, very soon. By the way, if you haven't already found them, there are some Dobie owners here who have some adorable photos of their dogs posted.

Rae

thanx! I know I'll have to tell her that.... do you know which members have Dobies? I have some questions....

Manda0304

Rae said:
Hello! im Rae... i have no dogs but wish to adopt a Dobie soon. i live in the Washington DC area with my family. ;) i recently moved from the Milwaukee WI area, and am adjusting nicely, although there's still nothing like the breeze of Lake Michigan on my face.... ::reminiscent:: o well. i am really passionate about dogs, and am always wishing to meet more enthusiasts like me. enough about me- i want to learn about you and your dogs! :D
Hi,
dobies are good dogs i have a german shepherd mix and a husky they are good family dogs also. Hope you can find one thats fits your family even if it takes long and you look at a lot then you finally find the perfect one when we wher dog looking for a family dog we looked at so many and wher posibly gonna get them and then we decided to keep looking and it worked out we inded up geting 2 dogs they are GREAT dogs one was abused by its owner and was put in the humane society so we got him there try the nearest humane society near you sometimes they can have dobies or mixes! ;)
Manda

Members online