Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 04-29-2005, 06:21 PM
pointer/labrador/terrier

I think she should wait..babies are not mobile for a year anyway..and dogs can be "arranged" to have their own area..and the babies theres..by the time the babies get older..the dogs will be older too..My mom had 6 children underfoot...all under the age of 4. We had dogs and cats too...the animals knew how to stay out of the way...and when the children had their down time was the animals coudl have their cuddle time. Since there are multi dogs they will have each other as well for company...I think that is what she should do. When u take a pet in..it is like a child and unless u have a physical illness or a death..u have made a commitment to stay together. The only difference would be if financial problems kept u from taking proper care..then of course they would have to go..she should if she has to part with them put in a request with all of the no-kill shelters and wait awhile ..in the meantime contact a few twin websites and see how they have managed. In the long run the dogs will get MORE attention from their little baby friends....that is just my opinion.
Old 04-29-2005, 07:20 PM
Top Dog

Tough situation for her. It will be a few months before the twins come home and until they are mobile I think she'll be able to cope. If the Cav and Sasha are a handful now I too would consider them finding a home together. Sasha is young enough to be able to adapt well and could be a problem at 2 yrs, with two toddlers. Let us know what she decides.
Old 04-29-2005, 07:43 PM
Felurian

A three year old Border Collie could be a big help with two year old twins

The only way I would remotely feel comfortable would be going through my vet to find homes for them. Possibly if I knew an agency that would foster the dogs until homes were found. No kill shelters aren't always truly "no kill" so no way I'd go that route! All things considered, I couldn't do it.

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 04-29-2005, 09:06 PM
<--My 2 angels Odo & Odie

Quote:

When u take a pet in..it is like a child and unless u have a physical illness or a death..u have made a commitment to stay together. The only difference would be if financial problems kept u from taking proper care..then of course they would have to go.
I have to agree there smkie

I had 4 kids..when my oldest one was 17 mo. old i had my second...when he was 13 mo. old i had twins..three in dipers at once.. no one to help me. i had animals and would never dream of getting rid of them.. it was a 24/7 job but it all worked out. She can do it she is just in a panic right now. Every one will be happy in the end. And what a nice group of furr babies for the twins to grow up with. I wish her luck and hope she makes the right decission.
Old 04-30-2005, 08:01 AM
Top Dog

Yeah I agree. So what if they can only have a walk one or twice a day for a few months. It's a better compromise than giving them away. Besides, a walk won't hurt the babies I think.