Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 04-29-2005, 06:38 AM
Puppy Dog

Thats just terrible
Old 04-29-2005, 06:45 AM
Love my pets

I can't believe what happened. Their pit and their cat both got shot. I agree that this sounds like someone who doesn't like them or someone who just doesn't care about animals. What on earth could the cat have done so bad that someone would shoot it.

It makes me think twice about where to move one day. We want to move further south to nicer weather in about 3 years, but you always have in the back of your mind that you hope you make the right decision. There are sick people out there, and I don't want to be their neighbor.
Old 04-29-2005, 06:47 AM
~3 Mutts~

That is so sick! How could someone do that?! I'll never understand people like that....The cat was probably shot because whoever shot their dog has a grudge against them for owning a Pittie. Sounds stupid, I know, but it happens.

That's just horrible.
Old 04-29-2005, 09:03 AM
K-9 lover ;)

how awful...maybe somebody saw something. maybe if they post a reward for information directly connected with the arrest would get this horrible person off the street. (at least it is worth a try) how can people be so cruel.

just yesterday a man ran into a convienence store and left his truck running with his puppy inside (dumb). anyway when he came out his truck AND puppy were gone. he called his cell phone (which was still in the truck) and the thief answered. he demanded $500 if he wanted his puppy back alive. he also said that if he didn't give him the money then he was going to kill the puppy. anyway...long story short, the police got involved and when the guy went to pay the man the police nabbed him. the puppy was returned safe and sound. (sorry for the long story...i just cannot believe how horrible people can be) Especially when the animals cannot even defend themselves (against a gun). sad.
RIP my sweet baby....
Rudy - 15 year old dalmation/lab mix
Old 04-29-2005, 09:57 AM
Top Dog

Well, they live in our neighborhood, and it happened since they moved in. We live in a brand new development so there are woods all around the neighborhood too. It used to be the country, and people used to go hunting in those woods all of the time, but obviously now they have rezoned and that is no longer considered the country. There is still a big farm behind my house, but on the side where they live there are woods, but no one can live actually in the woods because the woods separate our neighborhood from another street that leads to another new development. I will never again buy a house that is in a neighborhood that is still being developed. There are too many strangers coming in and out of the neighborhood with construction workers, etc. My house was broken into after we had only lived there about 10 months. New neighborhoods are too easy to get in and out of for someone trying to cause trouble because you don't know everyone yet. I have lived there now for almost 2 and a half years and they are still building houses and I am just now getting used to who a lot of the people are. So, my advice is to only buy homes in neighborhoods that are fully developed. Or in the country and get a bunch of big dogs. That is what I would like to do one day. Of course, that still does not guarantee your dog is not going to be shot by some psycho in the woods.