Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > The Breeding Ground

Old 10-18-2006, 07:36 AM
Top Dog

I heard back from Zippy's breeder. As you all said he was very understanding. He was glad I told him about it and glad Zippy is now doing well--He even said Zippy was a lucky boy to have me. Its kind of a relief to have that off my chest now. Hopefully my next update to him will be that we are back in obedience school and working on our CD and CGC or something! Thanks again everybody--it was especially great to hear from the breeders.
Old 10-18-2006, 11:52 AM
CASSA

Im so happy you got it off your mind. Great job picking a great breeder
You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life. ~ Winston Churchill
[B[/B].
Old 10-18-2006, 01:38 PM
Big Dog

So glad Zippy is doing well. Things can happen so quickly.
When I first got my puppy, I started getting him used to being in the car. I opened the car door and Herbie jumped over my back in an instant, and onto the street. I am really careful, but he was too fast. I was not used to the standard poodle part in him. He can leap, and climb up on things my labs could not or did not do. I soon found out. Thankfully with some adrenaline, and hurting my knee, I got a hold of him, before something happened. I am so sorry your dog got hit by a car.......thank God he is ok.
I quickly started some training that I am still working on. He does not leave my car without an ok, and I have him leashed......teaching him to wait. I am also working on him not going out my front door (he is also leashed), without me going out first, and then he has to wait until I say ok. I have much more work to do, but for his safety, I really need to keep training, esp. not wanting him to run out my front door when someone comes in. We live in the city, so the streets are real busy. Hopefully we will be going to obedience classes in November, and learn even more with distraction. Again, glad Zippy is ok, and glad the breeders on this site could give you some encouragement.
Old 10-19-2006, 03:04 PM
Top Dog

Thanks Bsan. I really appreciate your well wishes for Zippy. I'm also glad your pup did not get hurt. It is amazing how fast things can happen. I too am always working on training with Zippy. Of course we can't do too much at the moment until his pelvis is completely healed. Prior to the accident though, we were actively doing lots of obedience. He even has a very strong recall---the problem is that he will only listen to me-- he is not very responsive to my husband--that has not been easy to resolve. However, my husband and I both agree if I go away again and Zippy can not come with me, he is going to a professional pet sitter--hubby just doesn't want to be responsible for him again and I understand completely! These pups can certainly keep us on our toes! Good luck with your dog. He sounds adorable!