Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog Training Forum

Old 10-11-2006, 05:51 PM
Alexa's~Mom

I have the same problem. One thing I've found thats worked with my puppy is to say no, and if she does it again, I say no again, and hold her muzzle closed. She wriggles and tries to get me to stop but I don't let go until she stops. It works well with her especially considering she's trying to be dominant as well. It helps her understand that I'm sthe one in charge.

Except a couple times she's tried to bite my face, which is not good at all. And I'm not quite sure what to do about that yet. Anyone have any ideas?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herschel View Post
Bite her back. Just kidding.

The Ian Dunbar article has the right idea.
Actually, the whole bite back idea sometimes worked. My dad did that with out past dogs and they got the message. Works wonders with the cats, haha.
Old 10-11-2006, 07:32 PM
Big Dog

My GSD went through a bad phase when she was very young of biting my ankles whenever I was near her. I was only 11 at the time so it used to hurt enough to make me cry!!

Her motivation really was just play. Normal obedience training, and a few weeks' patience as she grew out of it, did the trick. After 3 months of age she never did it again.

Delisay