Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog and Pet Fun > Cat and Pet Forum

Old 10-10-2006, 07:44 AM
just call me Nilly

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnimalLoverCatRescuer View Post
It also is important to not test kittens for it until they are 6 months old for accurate results. Kittens nursing will often test positive for it depending on the condition of the mother.
Yes, we learned this the hard way and had quite the scare with my youngest!! He was first tested at 6 weeks, we didn't know any better, and the vet I was seeing at the time only cared about the bill I'd be paying, so didn't tell us that testing at that age was ineffective. Test came back negative. Then as he grew and got older, he started getting sick all the time, with random ailments that made no sence. My new vet checking out his file one day asked if I'd ever tested him, and when she saw the age he'd been tested at, cursed under her breath at the other vet (everyone knows they suck), and highly reccomended we test him again. THANKFULLY it was negative.
Old 10-10-2006, 09:22 AM
Top Dog

Oh that is great that it was negative! Did you ever figure out what caused him getting sick all the time?
Old 10-10-2006, 10:03 AM
Mistress Wigglebutt

What a cutie, it's a shame she's having trouble with him. It seems like there are just some ailments with animals that people try their best to stay uninformed about - I can think of a few in horses, that's for sure!

What a babyface on that one. We have an orange kitty like that at home, she's quite old and still looks like a teeny tiny baby in the face.

-----
Puppy Whiskers, Callie Dog and my Angel, trimming and watering the grass at Rainbow Bridge while they wait for me.
Old 10-10-2006, 08:42 PM
just call me Nilly

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnimalLoverCatRescuer View Post
Oh that is great that it was negative! Did you ever figure out what caused him getting sick all the time?
Nope, no idea. He's still pretty sickly... he's got bad eyes, and he's had gingivitis since he was a young kitten (weird eh?) and his hips are BAD (he's got bone spurs and the joints are mis-formed). I think he's just the result of really bad breeding (he's a stray, I don't know anything about where he came from).

Here's a pic of the bugger (I love sharing! lol) His crooked ear is from having two hematomas in a matter of a few months that needed to be lanced and ruined the cartillage, incase you're wondering
Old 10-10-2006, 09:28 PM
Athletic Labs. They Exist

Awww he and I have something in common . I wish I could bring him into our home. Im a huge cat lover. But I already have two and Rooney especially is driving my mom insane. I don't know there's always a possibility. He does look so sweet though. And I don't live far from you at all.

*sigh* torture.
Sawyer (2 year old, Labrador Retriever)
Morisson (2 year old, Lab/Beagle)
And aunt to-
Grace
aka my brothers/roommates dog.(1 year old, Lab/Shiba Inu)
Old 10-10-2006, 10:55 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanillasugar View Post
Nope, no idea. He's still pretty sickly... he's got bad eyes, and he's had gingivitis since he was a young kitten (weird eh?) and his hips are BAD (he's got bone spurs and the joints are mis-formed). I think he's just the result of really bad breeding (he's a stray, I don't know anything about where he came from).

Here's a pic of the bugger (I love sharing! lol) His crooked ear is from having two hematomas in a matter of a few months that needed to be lanced and ruined the cartillage, incase you're wondering
aww well he is a hansome little guy!
Old 10-10-2006, 10:55 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by PixieSticksandTricks View Post
Awww he and I have something in common . I wish I could bring him into our home. Im a huge cat lover. But I already have two and Rooney especially is driving my mom insane. I don't know there's always a possibility. He does look so sweet though. And I don't live far from you at all.

*sigh* torture.
well if you change your mind....