Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog Training Forum

Old 09-29-2006, 09:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonBanker View Post
And just to show she doesn't always have a miserable time at work!

Just to show how high she goes - she can scale up the straight stacks like a spider!
[IMG][/IMG]

Playing with a few of the many dogs who come and go throughout the day
[IMG][/IMG]

Any time someone sits, she insists on being right there. Her nickname is the "Touch Junkie".
[IMG][/IMG]
Great pictures, I'm sure she has a wonderful and full life. Looks like you've provided her endless opportunities for fun and exploration and in this environment and with your obvious committment to ensuring her happiness...she'll be one content and well adjusted doggie.

I LOVE my new siggy Baxter'smybaby, THANK YOU SO MUCH....you're the BEST!!!!!!!

http://www.diamondintheruffcalgary.com/
Old 09-29-2006, 11:06 PM
treehugging clicker freak

Loved the pics! I think you should post more *hint*hint*

She sounds / looks like a really awesome dog, and she has a great owner. Keep up the good work Let us know how it goes
Old 09-30-2006, 09:55 AM
Top Dog

When I think about it, when I've accidentally hurt my dogs; stepped on them, turned around and smacked them while reaching for something, whatever, I always, bend down and say, "ooooooo, I'm soooo sorry, you poor baby." LOL. Its just natural but it's never caused my dogs to become sympathy junkies. LOL. So, I don't know that that causes anything, but if they're already in that terrified state, I think it can intensify it. I don't think it sounds like what you did would have any dramatic effect. And from the way you have further described it, I think she'll come along.

One time, my Lab ran under my electric fence I had for my horses and she got zapped, yelped and ran on down through the pasture. But she seemed to get right over it and would go under it again. Different dogs have different temperaments to begin with. Some have a lower threshhold for things and react more or differently.

I think as she matures and is exposed to new things in the course of life, she'll over come a great deal of this and be fine. You seem to be a very conscienteous dog Mom. She can't go wrong with you. It sounds like you do an awful lot to make her life great and I love the pictures, especially the one up in the hay, too cute.

Oh, that website....yes, there are a few good ideas like the tug game but I disagree with the alpha and dominance concept. I think it's over done. I wouldn't get all bogged down with that wolf pack theory. Our domestic dogs, IMO aren't the same as wolves. JMO. I llike to play hide and seek. I hide and the dogs seek. They look so pleased with themselves when they find me. Or you can hide stuffed toys all over and let the dog have an outlet for the predatory side of her. LOL.

Keep us posted how she comes along.
Old 09-30-2006, 06:51 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
you might want to use some calming signals yourself to help her through...yawning, sneezing..etc..
Really? Now that I think about it, she thinks it is absolutely hysterical when I sneeze, and I sometimes fake it to get her into "play" mode. I usually get a couple of good play bows and a butt-tucked puppy run out of it

I didn't remember to stock good treats to take to work today, so we just did a little targeting in the areas of the parking lot where she is comfortable. No issues there, so if I remember the good stuff on Monday, perhaps I'll see if she will follow the target a bit further.

Quote:
I disagree with the alpha and dominance concept.
Yeah, no worries there. I don't see dominance (or lack thereof) as having any part in her issues, so I planned to ignore that part of it.

Quote:
Loved the pics! I think you should post more *hint*hint*
She sounds / looks like a really awesome dog
Be careful what you wish for I try to restrain myself from posting every picture of her I take - otherwise, there would be no bandwidth left for the rest of you!

She really is such an amazing dog. My friend who runs the rescue couldn't have done a better job finding just what I wanted. She fits my life wonderfully, and I am so grateful we found each other.

Old 09-30-2006, 07:14 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Yeah, no worries there. I don't see dominance (or lack thereof) as having any part in her issues, so I planned to ignore that part of it.
Oh....definitely not with her. I mean in general, as it was talked about in that link....too much to do about nothing sometimes. LOL

She does sound like the love of you life. That is just great. She does look like such a sweet dog.