Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog and Pet Fun > Agility and Dog Sports

Old 03-27-2005, 10:40 AM
pointer/labrador/terrier

those beautiful feathers will give extra loft! flutter by butterlfy!
Old 03-31-2005, 08:09 AM
Dog Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by AkashaO
I have a 12 week male Papillon and he is extremely smart. He is one of the smartest animals I have ever lived with (including a corgi and border collie - and they were SMART!).

I have been told to look into agility classes for him but I have some concerns. He is 2.7 lbs now and will only be about 6 lbs full grown. He is VERY fast, agile and listens intently but I have always seen larger breeds in agility (border collies, shelties and the smallest I have ever seen was a jack russell). Then again I have not seen many agility trials - only a few on TV. Has anyone ever owned or known of a Pap that did agility?

I thank you for whatever info you might have..... oh, and little Domino thanks you as well!
6 pounds is pretty big! I know of agility dogs who are only three and four pounds (one of which is a Papillion!). Furthermore, the dog who won the 8 inch class this year at the AKC Nationals WAS a Papillion. Animal Plant gave him the usual 1 second of glory they afford the toy dogs . . . we’re trying to change that! My agility Yorkie and I have created a forum for people who are looking to enter performance events with small, and especially toy dogs. Why don’t you join us? We’d love to have you!

Here’s the link:

http://www.southsurreydirectory.com/....1279559825313

This forum is hosted by http://www.mightymitedoggear.com
You’ll see tons of photos of toy dogs and esp. Pappy’s on this site doing agility!
Old 04-25-2005, 03:59 PM
Dog Nut

Talking updated link for agility forum

The Mighty Mite Small Dog Sports Forum has become a quick success and we needed to "move" to new bigger and better digs. So if you have a little dog (under 16 inches) and would like to train him or her to do agility, obedience, conformation, tracking, carting, disc dog, earthdog, lure coursing or just about any other sport under the sun . . . come join the chat in our new location! We would love to hear from you!

Little Dog Agility and Dog Sport Forum: Mighty Mite Dog Sport Chat