Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog Rescue Forum

Old 09-19-2006, 10:05 PM
Sled Dog Guardian

Exclamation Siberian Puppymill, 44 Dogs Seized

Puppymill in Janesville
http://www.wifr.com/news/headlines/3955661.html

Our home is often our safe haven but the living conditions man's best friend had to reside in was just barbaric. Last night the Rock County Humane Society took 44 Siberian Huskies out of one home. The dogs were all found at this home on Afton Road in Janesville. Michelle and Jerry Tally were arrested for failure to provide food, water and shelter. Additional charges are pending. Humane Investigator Jim Hurley gives the condition of the dogs. Hurley says, “They're matted with feces and urine. They're discolored and they have upper respiratory problems. They had some chemical burns from being in that environment. So it's just a very sad situation."
The dogs are filled with parasites. The Rock County Humane Society spent the day cleaning and vaccinating all 44 dogs. But the problem is there's really no more room at the inn. The Humane Society is well past capacity so foster homes are needed. The shelter also needs groomers and or dog bathers, deodorizing dog shampoo, chew resistant leashes at least 6ft long, people willing and able to foster one of two dogs and volunteers to transport dogs.

The huskies will be ready to adopt in one week.

Contact the shelter at 608-752-5622 if you can help.

Member of Dogs Deserve Better & In Defense of Animals & The Humane Society of the United States.
Volunteer for the Sled Dog Action Coalition.
Think the sled dog racing industry is humane? Think again!
Sled Dog Issues - Working Toward a Better Tomorrow.

"You must be the change you wish to see in the world." - Mahatma Gandhi
Old 09-19-2006, 11:32 PM
Dog Show Addict

OMG..

I watched the video and that is just horrific!

The dogs still seem to be in fairly good humor dispite whats going on with them

Beautiful eyes on some of them! Such a shame
Ares
Princess aka Tettles

Old 09-20-2006, 10:21 AM
whatszmatter

The dogs did seem to be in great spirits considering where they were. Lately that shelter has seen an increase in dog fighting cases (suspected) picking up lots of stray pits that have been tore up, and now this.
Old 09-20-2006, 09:43 PM
♥Chloe & Violet♥

Wow....that's awful. I just realized I had the worst look on my face during that whole video....those poor dogs. I wish I was closer to Illinois....a few of my Mom's cousins live in Chicago, I'll have her call them to see if they know anyone looking for a dog. Poor babies, I hate animal abuse. It makes me sick.

Chloe - 8 y/o Dachshund/Chihuahua | Violet - 2 y/o Siberian Husky
Rest in peace - Holly (Siberian Husky)|Misty (Siberian Husky)|Princess (Silky Terrier)
Forever in my heart - Dixie (Yorkshire Terrier)|Lucy (Silky Terrier/Yorkie Mix)
Old 09-20-2006, 10:29 PM
Kaleidoscopic Eye

Oh my gosh! I so wish I was able to do something to help. It makes me physically nauseous that animals are treated that way. How could someone do that?!
Old 09-21-2006, 04:06 AM
Top Dog

A friend of mine contacted the rescue, this is what my friend says.

I just got off the phone with the shelter director, I believe her name was Chris (lots of noise in the background :-)

She said that a rescue from Northern WI has taken all of the puppies and other rescues have stepped up as well. After that - they figure they'll personally have approx. 24 dogs to place. They've had a lot of applications come in for these dogs already. She feels good about it and feels they'll have no problem placing the remaining dogs quickly.

She was very kind on the phone and thanked me for my call.

Good news - although the rescues will still need some help !

Mo