Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog Rescue Forum

Old 04-24-2005, 12:17 PM
Top Dog

I just think its so sad that I went through hell finding those labs a home and theres just more and more. Why can't people just fix there dogs, not get them in the first place, or find a decent home for them! I just want to go hug all the dogs. If I only had the money and time I'd get one out but its just not possible right now I just want to hug them all.
Old 04-24-2005, 03:23 PM
Active Pup

Oh, I know what you mean! As soon as our foster gets placed, there is another dog waiting for a home. I think the longest we have been without a foster dog is 2 weeks. My friend at work bred her female boxer and also has a male and female Chi she plans on breeding. Mind you she bought the dogs at Petland. That makes me so irritated, I can't begin to tell you!
Old 04-24-2005, 03:53 PM
Active Pup

Hi, I am new to the forums. I am not involved in rescue I just love dogs and browsing the rescue forums here and at petfinder.com has been a real eye opener. I wish I could foster but it wouldn't work for my family. I admire those of you that can.
IMO one of the biggest problems faced is educating people about byb and puppymills.
Many people walk past my house on the way to the park and it just dawned on me a few days ago that very few of the dogs I see are mixed breeds. I have nothing against purebred dogs, I own one myself, but I seriously doubt all the dogs I see came from good breeders.