Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 04-23-2005, 11:18 PM
Puppy Dog

Default Today it's the Wire Haired Fox Terrier...

I have once again stumbled upon another breed that I am considering for the future...

The Wire Haired Fox Terrier

Reasons this dog suits me...

NO SHEDDING!!!....This is great
ACTIVE and ATHLETIC for an ACTIVE owner!
DOES VERY WELL IN THS SHOW RING (most westminsters best in shows)
A LITTLE BIT of a CHALLENGE when training...BRING IT ON BABY
A SMALLER BREED (smaller dog = smaller turds) lol
AND BEST OF ALL....THEY LOOK FANTASTIC!!

we may have a winner...or maybe not...

so far in the past month ive gone from a lab to a brittany, to a pointer, to a border collie to a JRT to an AUSSIE and now to the WFT

Anybody offer any info on this breed that i may not know...im particularly internested in their athletic ability for mainly agility.

thx in advance and plz dont make fun at me
Old 04-24-2005, 07:52 AM
Top Dog

LOL fandogg. I can't offer advice on Fox Terriers as I'm not too familiar with them. I certainly can appreciate the fact that your gathering info on as many breeds as you can before commiting to one. You just crack me up. (in a good way , I'd never poke fun at anybody) We should all bet on what breed it will be tomorrow.

It reminds me of my grandmother who passed away 3 years ago. She had the same carpet in her house for geesh at least 30 years. (couldn't even call it carpet as it wasn't plush anymore but rather just became part of the hardwood floor underneath it) She always wanted to replace it but could never decide and settle on a color. No lie. She used to drive us nuts. lol My mom said some day we'd be at her grave saying "you know, she never did get that new carpet!"
Old 04-24-2005, 08:38 AM
Felurian

Terriers can be a blast! They are also purely mule-headed when they want to be - which is just about anytime there is something they want to do that you don't want them to do, lol! Fiesty, personable, charming, mischievious, troublemaking, loyal, protective; and don't let anyone tell you they are small dogs. They aren't. A Terrier is a compact dog - a great big dog jammed into a small package. A Terrier in a room full of big dogs fully believes it is the largest creature in the room . . .

Quick little buggers too . . .

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 04-24-2005, 08:52 AM
Don't encourage me..

My friend has one called Vic and he's a star!!!!! I said to Martin last week how much I wanted one!!! I love them, they're so fun and expressionate!!! A big dog in small dog package!! Excellent choice i'd say!!

The man who smiles when things go wrong has thought of someone to blame it on. - Robert Bloch

Old 04-24-2005, 08:52 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renee750il
Terriers can be a blast! They are also purely mule-headed when they want to be - which is just about anytime there is something they want to do that you don't want them to do, lol! Fiesty, personable, charming, mischievious, troublemaking, loyal, protective; and don't let anyone tell you they are small dogs. They aren't. A Terrier is a compact dog - a great big dog jammed into a small package. A Terrier in a room full of big dogs fully believes it is the largest creature in the room . . .

Quick little buggers too . . .
That's my Nora to a 'T' Never a dull moment with her. Once she gets something in her head, she will not quit until she gets it. Very determined! Poor Sadie is such a pushover and lets her get away with it too.