Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > The Breeding Ground

Closed Thread

Old 09-12-2006, 02:49 PM
EVIL SHELTIES!!!!

I am tore with my thoughts of a silver lab.
i dont understand the pricing. they are different colors, why should the price be higher? if anything much much lower since the are not the standard and cannot be show. i dont think that breeding dogs that dont meet the standard is the best idea. however i believe in preserving the breed more than lots of people i have known.
to me these dogs still look like wamawamiers (sp) there face, head, ears, and of course color. I am not saying they are lab/wammer mixes, but I would had thought that (maybe i still do?)
Old 09-12-2006, 02:50 PM
silverbest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giny View Post
I AM French Canadian.
Really I am not French Canadian.

I think the spelling really is neither here nor there.

It is another way of saying ladies and it is refer to Pete's female dogs right?

So what is wrong with it?

Just something to complain about because you do not like the silver lab.
Old 09-12-2006, 02:51 PM
Int CH - $uperBitch

Quote:
I AM French Canadian.
lol! ripped!

Quote:
I see no reason for people not to breed them, as long as they are healthy and find appropriate homes. I personally do not breed, but that is because I have no interest in breeding. I cannot understand this desperate need for all dogs to be titled, and to be the perfect colour. Who cares?
BECAUSE there is too many HOMELESS dogs with NO homes, so breeding is a decision that should not be made lightly, it should only be done for a reason and a good one at that.

Old 09-12-2006, 02:53 PM
EVIL SHELTIES!!!!

i agree. Not to get a silver lab... that of course isnt the standard.
Old 09-12-2006, 02:56 PM
silverbest

Quote:
BECAUSE there is too many HOMELESS dogs with NO homes, so breeding is a decision that should not be made lightly, it should only be done for a reason and a good one at that.
But if someone wants a silver lab...will they not get it somewhere? Why not here? At least they do health tests and guarantees.
I know I wanted a silver lab; maybe that makes me bad but it is what I wanted. So I was not going to a homeless dog, I was going to a silver breeder.
Old 09-12-2006, 02:56 PM
:( only one :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverbest View Post
Really I am not French Canadian.

I think the spelling really is neither here nor there.

It is another way of saying ladies and it is refer to Pete's female dogs right?

So what is wrong with it?

Just something to complain about because you do not like the silver lab.
No, I just thought it was funny, made me chuckle.

And your last comment is something I've grown accustom with people who are BYB or in your case people who defend them. If people question someone’s breeding practice and they can't seem to come up with good answers then it must be because we don't like the dog. Pahhhleasse! I have nothing against the innocent dog, the "breeder" in question I DO have something against though.
Old 09-12-2006, 02:57 PM
silverbest

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabbitsarebetter View Post
i agree. Not to get a silver lab... that of course isnt the standard.
Forgive my ignorance:
but mutts in shelters are not standard either so should no one get them?
Old 09-12-2006, 02:58 PM
Active Pup

I must admit this getting a little out of hand, ya come here for simple civilized debate and ya end up getting into a pronounciation and spelling bee debate. Typical really. I should have known better. I love my silvers and i thought someone else would enjoy them as well, they are all perfectly healthy and are at the moment AKC registered are are scheduled for microchips next week to convert them to CKC. Anyways, so much for civilized huh?? The color is a rarity, that is a fact, leave it up the public to decide if they want to pay that or not, if they think it's rediculous then they can purchase a yellow or chocolate. It's up to them now isn't it??
Old 09-12-2006, 02:58 PM
Evil Kitty taco eater

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverbest View Post
Hi there Pete

I just wanted to say I am actually very good friends with these people.
I own a beautiful silver lab of whom makes my life complete.

I see no reason for people not to breed them, as long as they are healthy and find appropriate homes. I personally do not breed, but that is because I have no interest in breeding. I cannot understand this desperate need for all dogs to be titled, and to be the perfect colour. Who cares?
People who are breeding to better the breed is who cares.
Quote:
As long as you are producing healthy happy pups and pups that find good homes...really what else matters?
That does matter but its the manner in which the pups are produced.
I am going to be completely honest with you. Breeding for color isnt the way to go. You can go on any lab site like
http://www.refugeforums.com/refuge/forumdisplay.php?f=9
Or
http://www.retrievertraining.net/for...d625c60df66774
And bring up this topic, post a link to the website get about the same response. Some more harsh than here!
We are dedicated to labs and love the breed. Look at the classifieds I will bet you 100 dollars that you will not see one silver lab classified and if you do its posted by someone who has less then 50 posts. Theres alot of misconception on breeding. Unfortunatly there isnt a way for people who know better to educate everyone in this world. We only are concerned because we care.
We care about the unwanted dogs and the purebreds in homes that are not suitable homes, we care about the health and temperments. We CARE. Otherwise why would we bother? How can so many people be wrong and your friend right? True dog lovers are often like minded on these issues and subjects.
If you want to learn more stick around and learn you will be suprised how fast your mind will change!

Where am I going? And why am I in this hand basket!!!?
Old 09-12-2006, 02:59 PM
Evil Kitty taco eater

Quote:
Originally Posted by peetee07 View Post
I must admit this getting a little out of hand, ya come here for simple civilized debate and ya end up getting into a pronounciation and spelling bee debate. Typical really. I should have known better. I love my silvers and i thought someone else would enjoy them as well, they are all perfectly healthy and are at the moment AKC registered are are scheduled for microchips next week to convert them to CKC. Anyways, so much for civilized huh?? The color is a rarity, that is a fact, leave it up the public to decide if they want to pay that or not, if they think it's rediculous then they can purchase a yellow or chocolate. It's up to them now isn't it??
Could you please give me the registered names of your dogs? I would like to look up thier backrounds if you dont mind

Where am I going? And why am I in this hand basket!!!?
Closed Thread