Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > The Dog Breeds

Old 09-11-2006, 08:24 PM
LabBreeder

Is this from the same person that asked if Pugs would run away? If so, I kind of wish he/she would put all the questions in one forum on one thread so we could get them all answered at once and not miss anything.

But yes...any dog can bite and any dog can run away.
Old 09-11-2006, 08:37 PM
overdogged

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach1girl View Post
The peke, pugs, and such dogs alike tend to have the "little dog syndrom". I have truely never known one NOT to have this problem. Sometimes it doesnt show for awhile, but eventually, it comes out.
most of the dogs with this problem have "little dog owners". small breed dogs owned by people who see them as dogs, treat them as dogs, and train them as dogs regardless of their size and cuteness tend to have much better behaved dogs.

responsibly bred dogs from lines of stable temperament are also less likely to bite.
and Bean FDCh-S
Save the pit bull, Save the world
Are you Unruly?
Old 09-11-2006, 09:41 PM
♥Chloe & Violet♥

As everyone has already said, any dog can bite, but in my experiences with pugs, I've been bitten. They tend to play really rough, but I've never met an aggresive one.

Chloe - 8 y/o Dachshund/Chihuahua | Violet - 2 y/o Siberian Husky
Rest in peace - Holly (Siberian Husky)|Misty (Siberian Husky)|Princess (Silky Terrier)
Forever in my heart - Dixie (Yorkshire Terrier)|Lucy (Silky Terrier/Yorkie Mix)
Old 09-11-2006, 09:43 PM
Are You Blowing Me Off?

Shoot..........Do they have teeth?
Old 09-11-2006, 09:44 PM
Top Dog

Our pug play bites if you get him REALLY riled up, and even that is nothing. I honestly don't think he could break the skin unless he got real lucky. He's so mild mannered around people, he just wants to be petted. He's such a chicken with anything out of the ordinary, he barks and won't leave your side, leaving the defense to the 2 bigger dogs.
Old 09-11-2006, 09:45 PM
Hula Hoop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julie View Post
Shoot..........Do they have teeth?

LMAO!!!

***9829;Hula***9829;
Old 09-12-2006, 11:38 AM
Puppy Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach1girl View Post
The peke, pugs, and such dogs alike tend to have the "little dog syndrom". I have truely never known one NOT to have this problem. Sometimes it doesnt show for awhile, but eventually, it comes out.
I have small dogs, they do not bite or nip or act like spoiled brats. I've met a lot of bigger dogs that acted like that, though. Bad behavior (or whatever you want to call it) can generally be traced back to the owner and breeder.

Pugs can bite (of course they can). Mine would use his teeth as "hands" but he never clamped down... he had good bite inhibition which he learned when he was a puppy. He was taught "no bite" and would release when asked. It's all about how they are raised.
Old 09-12-2006, 11:43 AM
Snow Girl

Any dog can bite and eventually will if not taught otherwise.

"When the rain pours down from the heavens, take my hand and spin me around and we shall dance through the barn at midnight until the moon pokes through the clouds once more and the stars continue our dances in the skies"
Old 09-12-2006, 11:50 AM
Top Dog

I own three pugs and none of them have ever attempted to bite me or anyone else for that matter. My pugs have never growled at me or anyone else and they have always been very loving and happy dogs. They would much rather trot off than bite if something were disturbing them. They defiantly are not even close to the Peke temperment, just read the breed standards!

The pug is a very loving and happy breed. Mine don't suffer from "little dog syndrome" at all. They don't have attitudes with larger dogs and if they do, it's from lack of socialization or training. It's not within the breed's nature to be aggressive in anyway!!!

Now, anything with teeth can bite, but I would say pugs really don't try to bite, even when pushed to their limits...that is if they were bred for proper temperment!!!

Last edited by showpug; 09-12-2006 at 12:32 PM.