Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 09-08-2006, 10:43 AM
AmyLou4220

Default Funny Story! must read!

It wasn't very funny at the time - but now even the slightest thought about what happened and I am dying with laughter.

So last weekend was pretty rainy (the hurricane remnants and all). When it rains, our only real option for walking our boy is the treadmill. He loves the treadmill. He would stay on it for hours if we let him. He just runs and runs and runs and runs. He loves to run.

So he is on the treadmill trotting along at a good clip - about 8mph. After about 10 minutes or so, he gives me a funny look. A moment later he is dropping turds out of his butt. He is doing this while in full stride. As soon as his turds hit the belt of the treadmill, they are quickly shot off the back and they splat up against the basement wall. He gets about 4 or 5 turds out before I can pull the emergency stop chord on the treadmill. He is looking up at me like "what did you do that for, I am in the middle of my morning run???". I quickly get him upstairs and out to the yard so he can finish the job.

I go back down to investigate the damage. Yep - there are a bunch of turds in a pile where the basement wall meets the basement floor. The worst part is that a few of the turds were "somewhat" on the softer side. So some of the turds stuck to the belt of the treadmill and were spinning around for a few revolutions. I got out the natures miracle and scrubbed down everything!!!

When I think about watching those turds fall from his butt, bounce off the belt of the treadmill, and slam up against the basement wall, it brings tears to my eyes from laughing so hard....

On a more serious note, what concerns should I have that he went poop while running on the treadmill? This is obviously something we don't want to happen again. Any advice???
Old 09-08-2006, 10:48 AM
Big Dog

EWWWW!!!!!

That is pretty amusing though!

Thanks Keyodie!

Gypsy on Dogster!
Old 09-08-2006, 11:03 AM
Top Dog

That is funny

You know, I think when dogs are active, running around etc. it makes they have to go. When Sadie is zooming around the backyard, she always has to poop afterwards.
Old 09-08-2006, 11:10 AM
Snow Girl

Hehehehe I can just picture that! Some of the pulling dogs master pooping on the run but it isn''t encouraged at ALL because it''s probably not very good for them plus it does slow the team down somewhat.

To get around that we encourage the dogs to "go" before running as much as possible. Some people use the "match stick" method when their dogs just won''t go but you shouldn''t use that too often.

"When the rain pours down from the heavens, take my hand and spin me around and we shall dance through the barn at midnight until the moon pokes through the clouds once more and the stars continue our dances in the skies"
Old 09-08-2006, 11:47 AM
AmyLou4220

Quote:
Originally Posted by oc_spirit View Post
Hehehehe I can just picture that! Some of the pulling dogs master pooping on the run but it isn''t encouraged at ALL because it''s probably not very good for them plus it does slow the team down somewhat.

To get around that we encourage the dogs to "go" before running as much as possible. Some people use the "match stick" method when their dogs just won''t go but you shouldn''t use that too often.
What is the match stick method?
Old 09-08-2006, 12:10 PM
The dog is never wrong!

Babylon poops while running alot too. Seems like the running kinda jiggles things up a bit. I just slow everyone way down so he isnt being drug, and let him do his thing. All the other dogs go beforehand.

And the match stick method, is where you stick a match stick up their rear end. Never done it, and I dont think I ever will...
Old 09-08-2006, 01:18 PM
Owned by 3 mutts

Ewww.. I read this while eating, and almost spit everything out laughing

Eww-ly funny, though.

Thanks~Jessie~

I believe in the Sun, even when it's not shinning
I believe in Love, even when not feeling it

I believe in God, even when He's silent.
Old 09-08-2006, 01:29 PM
Evil Kitty taco eater

LMAO!!! Wheres a video camera when you need one!

Where am I going? And why am I in this hand basket!!!?
Old 09-08-2006, 02:55 PM
Snow Girl

Yup the match stick method is when you take the NON-flammable end of a match stick and insert it part way into your dog''s rectum. Just enough so he can''t shake it out. He will strain to "poop" it out and if there is any poop waiting to come out he will poop it out too.

It''s not a good method to use too often because that straining done too oftn is bad. It can cause blood vessels to rupture and such.

"When the rain pours down from the heavens, take my hand and spin me around and we shall dance through the barn at midnight until the moon pokes through the clouds once more and the stars continue our dances in the skies"