Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 09-07-2006, 03:28 AM
Show Dog

Default My dog won't go to the bathroom!

I just moved a few days ago, and my dog has to learn how to go pee out front of my house on rock/dirt, with a few plants. There is no yard and I don't want to walk him to the grassy park a block away EVER time he has to pee!

I don't know what to do, I take him out and he just sits there looking at me like I am an idiot. He doesn't go in the house, he just holds it! I took him to a friends to play with his dog buddy and he had the hugest pooh i've ever seen in his yard, and peed everywhere.. i felt so bad! I wish I had grass for him but I just don't! ARGGGGG!

Does anyone have any ideas?? My poor guy is full of.. you know what! LOL!
He won't pee much less number 2.. wahhhh!
Old 09-07-2006, 03:30 AM
Quigleyfied

Walk your dog around the block. Exervise gets things moving. Give a huge reward when he does go on a non-grassy area.

If a dog grew up getting accustomed to just one thing, it's difficult to break the habit. That's why it is so important to expose them to all kinds of things early on.
- Product Research

I've been frosted!
Old 09-07-2006, 03:38 AM
Show Dog

Zac will pee on grass, or on his walks etc.. he always will pooh at the dog park, or on a feild, basically anywhere.. except on rock it appears lol.
I've just never had a reason to train him to go on rock. I will try the exercise.. i hope he gets used to it.. or I am gonna be buying a small patch of grass haha
Old 09-07-2006, 06:03 AM
Sit! Good dog.

Awww - it's hard

Bodhi won't pee/poo on concrete either. She likes long grass, bushes, rocks - anything that she is used to

Luckily it is not a problems for me, and I'm sure if she HAD to go somewhere she would.

Mordy has given good advice I think.

Just take him out real often and praise praise praise if he does even the teeniest dribble
"Dogs are our link to paradise. They do not know jealousy or discontent. To sit with a dog on a hillside on a glorious afternoon is to be back in Eden, where doing nothing wasn't boring, it was peace."

Bodhi is the opposite of ignorance, the insight into reality which destroys mental afflictions and brings peace.

Owned by Bodhi Booglaoo and Fredington Holbein

Old 09-07-2006, 10:58 PM
Top Dog

I know you have no yard, but is there not any "public" grass along the sidewalk so you don't have to take a long walk?

Poor guy, I think it would be really hard to retrain a dog to go on sand. I know charlie will never got on anything but a tree or grass.
Old 09-08-2006, 03:58 AM
Top Dog

the exercise is a good idea. i know if i want yoshi to go and i KNOW she has to go if i throw the ball for her a couple times she'll eventually go and i praise and take her in.... is there no grass anywhere you could take her to other than the park? where do you live? sry live in oklahoma and grass is everywhere here