Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Rainbow Bridge - Dog Memorials

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-07-2004, 12:28 AM
Active Pup

Sorry to hear about your loving little dog. Over 10 yrs. or more, my husband bought me a akc reg. male boxer puppy...which I named MUGSY MALOAN. OOOHHH, We were so close. We did everything together. He was very protective of me. We had other mutt dogs, and he would`nt let them near me. I taught him how to fetch, sit and shake hands. He slept in bed with us and was a house dog. Well he was about 5 yrs. old and he was sick. So I took him to the vet and he ran some tests on him. He had a liver disease, so the vet gave me some pills to give him. He told me if MUGSY got worse to bring him right on in. So we went to bed and got up the next morning and I could tell he was gettin worse. So I hurried up and called the vet and told them I was on my way. So I knelt down and to pick up MUGSY and he died in my arms. Oh My God, I was sooo upset and cried. My husband was at work & kids were in school. I was so depressed for along time. It took me yrs. before I could ever bring myself to get another boxer. Every dog we got I couldnt get close to and really didnt like. So august 2003 we bought a akc. reg. male boxer and I named him SKYLER. He will never take the place of MUGSY. But I`m finally at a place that I can accept, embrace and love another boxer. SKYLER sometimes sits, & shake hands & fetch. HE sleeps in bed with us to. Thank God...he`s potty trained. He`s sooo hyper and funny. I knew he was the one in my heart and I knew I was finally ready. Hes a very good dog and I love him so very much. Skyler and I are close and were on a journey to making more memories. "So God Bless All Of Our Owners And There Pets That Has Passed On And God Bless Websites Like These Where Us Animals Lovers Can Share Our Pets Living Or Not...AMEN".