Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > The Dog Breeds

Old 08-18-2006, 06:13 PM
Puppy Dog

Default Pants on fire

Hey Melanie- maybe that's a spitz thing in general. Orchid (she's a keeshond) does the same darned thing. She'll be laying down, then suddenly the whole house is turned into her own personal agility trial- she's on the couch, then zooming around the corner, then into the bedroom, on the bed, then back in the living room, then back again!

It's freaking awesome. Most Keesie owners call it "pants on fire," but "zoomies" is a cute term, too.
Old 08-19-2006, 09:51 PM
Shiba Inu Slave

My Shibas do it too!

I love the term "pants on fire," but we call them "zoomies," as well.

Old 08-22-2006, 01:48 PM
Active Pup

Im seriously considering getting a Chow chow, not yet of course in a few years and I've been doing lots of research and I read that they will soon be on the dangerous dog list?

I hope not, I've met a few chows and none have been overly nasty or agressive, although I would love to get a black smooth coat chow!

Im a very strong believer in that its the way the dog is brought up that determinds what the dog is going to be like
Old 08-23-2006, 09:16 PM
Active Pup

Hi there,

I have owned several chows and they do have different personalities. Out of the 4 I have owned one was not a people-dog. She was older when I got her and that might have contributed to her personality. I had the others from babies and they were friendly once they got to know the person. They are definitely not a golden retriever but depending on how they are raised and etc. can make very nice dogs. The puppy I have now is rather timid. She would run before she would bite. In my years with chows I have noticed them to do their own thing versus bother people other than their family. Maybe try talking to the owners who have them and see if you could pet one. It might help.

Audrey (8weeks old)

Audreys First Beach Trip