Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog Rescue Forum

Old 08-23-2006, 04:01 PM
Active Pup

Default I've been finding stray dogs

Throughout this year I've picked up at least 3 stray dogs and bringing them into shelters, and recently I've been helping an animal shelter and they told me it was dangerous to pick up stray dogs. and yeah they went over why that's dangerous with me too, but So now I'm kind of confused, so if you see a stray dog on the street what do you do?

I <3 my shiba Inu puppy: Sora, My Matlipoo: phoebe, My golden retriever: Kira, and my pom : reno.
Old 08-23-2006, 04:16 PM
Top Dog

i'd take it to a rescue, too
Old 08-23-2006, 04:31 PM
Happy Meal. Yum.

I'd take it to a rescue also if it wasn't acting aggressivley. Though I think they are right...it can be dangerous to do tht. If you find a dog that is aggressive your not going to want to take it with you anywhere! I think you should understand dog body language really well before picking up a stray.
Old 08-23-2006, 04:46 PM
Top Dog

It can be dangerous. But, it is a risk I take as that is the way I rescue alot of dogs. I have special living quarters that is seperated from my own dogs. I put up signs looking for the owner, place an ad in the paper and have them scanned for micro-chip. If I do not locate the owner I s/n if needed, get them up to date on shots, wormed and heartworm tested. I then get them on Revolution. I have a friend at the local Humane Society who will do temperment testing on them to get someone else's point of view. At that point I try to adopt them out. If I am unable they go to the HS which is a non kill shelter.