Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog and Pet Fun > Cat and Pet Forum

Old 08-22-2006, 01:31 PM
Puppy Dog

WOW - a knee wall at the door and a screened enclosure - I might just move in! - LOL.
What great ideas. I have to tell my other half about that. We just use a babygate at the entrance of their room. And being about 5 foot tall, it is sometimes hard for me to get over - lol
Old 08-24-2006, 02:54 PM
Top Dog

Update on the screened enclosure: it now has a hole in it about the size of my dog Sadie's head. "I just wanted to give them licks and kisses" was the look Sadie gave me when I found it. Of course, lots of hissing and growling going on My husband has fixed it temporarily until this weekend, then he's going to put some kind of wire (like chicken wire) around the bottom half, to keep Miss nosey Sadie out. The cats pouted all evening, you know giving you the "how dare the DOG come in my enclosure" look.
Old 12-09-2006, 11:08 PM
Active Pup

Default dogs and cats

I have 3 dogs( a Doberman, Rottweiler, and Cocker Spaniel) and 3 cats and I love them all just the same. If it was up to me they would all sleep on the bed with me, but my husband has to sleep somewhere.

Last edited by matisse09; 12-09-2006 at 11:14 PM. Reason: attachments not showing
Old 12-16-2006, 10:37 AM
Big Dog

This is my first post on Chaz, after lurking for quite a while. I have 3 cats, and adore all of them...I only had one dog, a standard Schnauzer named Rosie, growing up. I aquired the 3 kitties while living alone throughout the duration of my first teaching position. When I married my husband, he had 3 dogs...one of which was PTS on Dec. 4th of this year. So, now, I'm an "equal opportunity" cat and dog lover...with my 3 cats, Fergus, Captain Steuben, and Ripley, and our Golden Retriever, Melvin, and black lab/chow/Rott mix, Puppy. They're great dogs, and the cats have adapted well to them. Ask me how the kitties feel when we bring home our basset puppy in June!
Old 12-16-2006, 10:41 AM
Harumph™©®

I have three cats also. I had five, having taken in my late mother's cats as well. I lost two cats this year, they were age 21 and 19. I also work toward rescue of cats and right now I have a litter and a mom. I'm a real nutball, I have a special room in my basement that is heated in winter and air conditioned in summer, just for situations like this one. I am not only a dogaholic, but I am a cataholic. I am hopeless.

I can tell you without a doubt my cats run Tosca's life. heheh.

P.S. I am also a former teacher. Are you sure you aren't me? (checking.....lol).
Old 12-16-2006, 07:21 PM
Big Dog

I'm still teaching. When I got married, I took a position in my husband's locality...

What did you teach? I teach special education...moderate/severe/profound disabilities in a segregated school setting. Most of my kids this year have multiple disabilities, and all are on the autism spectrum. I love this profession!

It's nice to see so many "multi-categorical" pet owners on here, too. I really love both cats and dogs equally.
Old 12-16-2006, 07:36 PM
Harumph™©®

I taught high school English for 8 years, then went back to school and switched to a software engineering career. I still get to use my teaching skills now and then, corporate America loves to steal teachers. Your field of teaching requires real talent and commitment. I tip my hat to you.

I was a cat person for many years and wasn't able to have a dog because my work lifestyle, travel, odd house, etc., just wouldn't have been fair to a dog. Now that I have more time and work on my own, I am finally able to have my dog and what a dog she is! I adore her. But I surely do adore my kitties as well and always will.
Old 01-28-2007, 08:54 AM
Puppy Dog

i have 3 cats got them for x-mas
Old 02-18-2007, 05:15 PM
Puppy Dog

yeah that is right but dont forget about the k9s
Old 02-21-2007, 07:28 PM
Puppy Dog

such cute cats