Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 04-20-2005, 09:19 AM
pointer/labrador/terrier

I imagine one deep dark growl from the pit of a big dog like that would say all that needed to be said..her size will itimiadate enough me thinks! She is going to be big big big gurl!!!! People are wary of Mary and she is only middling in comparison..just becuase of her color..tho she did take care of a certain bad gurl from around the corner now.! (good for carl and the bird....we gotta protect allllll the babies)
Old 04-20-2005, 09:29 AM
Felurian

Carl needn't worry about people being wary of Kona. She's got the same eyes as Buffy had and EVERYONE was wary of Buffy, even though some people thought she was just a big hound of some sort, lol! They're wary of Shiva and Kharma, just not to quite the same extent of active terror, although Kharma is developing an 'edge.'

I think if there's ever a need, Carl will be pleasantly surprised at Max. The herding breeds - all of them - can be extremely formidable defensive dogs.

You give that big, soft hearted man a hug for all of us! I'll bet he finds himself enjoying how soft those ears are - they're like the softest velvet, aren't they?

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 04-20-2005, 09:32 AM
Top Dog

I think that was the right decision. At 5 months it would be doubtful that the ears would stand and the dog has lived all this time and it would be more difficult. When they crop Dobermans ears, it's usually at about 7 weeks. They know no different (not much) and the pain is minimal... and the taping process, which is the real chore...which goes on for a long time is more par for the course for them. So, your older dog would be thrust into something that it wasn't use to. I think the floppy ears look just fine on Kona....really a lovely dog. I like both kinds of ears. And on some breeds which are traditionally cropped, I still think the floppy look great...Boxers, Pits, Danes. But on Dobermans, although they look all right, I still much prefer the cropped and not only for looks, but for function, but mostly for looks, admittedly, makes the whole dog compact, all one piece... with no appendages sticking out for something to grab.

Anyhow, your dog is beautiful and healthy looking.
Old 04-20-2005, 12:57 PM

Kona is so beautiful that I couldn't imagine changing anything. BOY do I LOVE her color..she is sleek and....gorgeous!! Your Carl is a sweetie. that rare combo of tough guy...with soft heart. (at least to animals and you...which is all we care about..LOL)
Old 04-20-2005, 12:59 PM

OK...make that soft heart to YOU and animals....I didn't mean you to be second. LOL
Old 04-20-2005, 01:41 PM
Trained by an Airedale

Kona is lovely, I'm pleased for you all that those ears are staying the way the are.

Old 04-20-2005, 04:45 PM
Love my pets

Thanks everyone, I do love Kona the way she is and Carl is a sweetie! Kona has just learned to bark at everything and is great at it, especially when she sees a reflection in the window.
Old 04-21-2005, 12:24 AM
Felurian

By the way, I love the new picture of CJ in your signature. Now those are some cute ears!

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 04-21-2005, 07:13 AM
Love my pets

Thanks Renee. CJ's one ear flaps down a bit more because she had to have the hematoma surgery on that ear last year. She is my cutie!