Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 08-15-2006, 08:10 PM
Angel Chicken

Angry Well...

I just got done visiting with an old friend, who hasn't met Kona. This friend used to do agility, and I asked her to show me some tips on it.

We go outside, set up some kiddy chairs (ones we know Kona can jump over) for Kona to try and jump. She knows the "Jump" command, so it shouldn't be a problem. She took Kona on the leash, and off they went. Kona was doing great...staying next to her at all times... running, not lagging behind at all... until she gets to these makesift jumps. She hits the breaks, or goes around.

I sit there watching her try to teach Kona the jump, when she asks me to do it, to see if she will listen to me. Same thing... no jump...

I ask her what she thinks is up with it and she says...

"Well... You nor Kona are physically fit for this sport"

What kinda crap is that? Someone I looked to for advice, someone I called my friend... and she says that.

I am really upset... it wasn't like I was huffing and puffing running back and fourth. I mean really, I may look like a big girl, but I certinaly ain't a lazy one... ya know? I even smoke and I never really get out of breath.

I know my dog isn't no lazy arse either. She runs faster than any other dog uner 30 pounds I know, and will play all day long. Is that lazy?

I won't be calling this girl back again...

End of rant... Thanks for listening!
Old 08-15-2006, 08:14 PM
Brittany

what a jerk!!!(no offense intended) I'd do what you said, don't start confrentation or make any comments back, just walk away, forever, lol. no joke though, that was awfully rude!
Old 08-15-2006, 11:17 PM
Top Dog

That's just mean! I don't get why people do that. I had a friend like that, who would make backhanded comments all the time. I'd hurt myself and she'd laugh, or something bad would happen to me and she'd be like "Glad it's not me!" and laugh.
You need to eliminated people like this from your life. Like I did.
Old 08-15-2006, 11:21 PM
Angel Chicken

Oh believe me... I am done with her. Damned if I am going to let someone make fun of me to my face.

Ticks me off... and not only did she down me, but she downed my dog!
Old 08-15-2006, 11:32 PM
*Finding My Inner Fila*

People these days are just rude...

Old 08-16-2006, 09:10 AM
Snow Girl

That was awfully rude indeed!!!

As fr teaching Kona agility, just start with something very low to the ground, so low that she could step over it and slowly raise the height from there. Some dogs just don''t understand what''s expected of them even when they know the command.

"When the rain pours down from the heavens, take my hand and spin me around and we shall dance through the barn at midnight until the moon pokes through the clouds once more and the stars continue our dances in the skies"
Old 08-16-2006, 10:52 AM
Felurian

Hmmph. Maybe SHE just wasn't smart enough to communicate with Kona . . . or maybe Kona just didn't like her enough to want to jump.

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian