Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > The Breeding Ground

Old 08-15-2006, 11:45 AM
Top Dog

You guys are thinking that dogs have emotions and understanding like a human has. A dog that gives birth is going on nothing but instinct. I'm sure that many young dogs that have litters are fine mothers, just like many older mature dogs that have litters are not good mothers. Think about a wolf or fox or coyote. You think they are waiting till they are 2 years old to breed? Maybe the success rate is lower with a younger animal but its not because they are desiring to go out and play and be carefree and not want pups. They don't think that way.
Old 08-15-2006, 01:49 PM
Evil Kitty taco eater

Quote:
Originally Posted by tessa_s212
I am 16.

Nope. Our litters weren't on accident. Well, some were. Pepper's first litter that young was an accident, and Ginger's first litter was an accident. And we also had another accident when Ginger had her last litter before she got spayed.

My mom was a huge BYB. Our poor old girl, Ginger, must have had at least 5 litters before she turned 7 years old.

But no worries. I got into dog training when I was 8, and started learning.. and eventually through years of prying and begging, all of our dogs(besides Marq-his breeders own his "equipment" on a co-ownership) are spayed and nuetered.
I thought so! Wasnt sure though. Parents make mistakes too. Glad your mom chose to do something about it.

Where am I going? And why am I in this hand basket!!!?