Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog Training Forum

Old 08-13-2006, 11:00 AM
Top Dog

I don't think its a marking thing. When I have caught him dong it he is not lifting his left. When he sprays outside he always lifts his leg.

I have not asked the vet about it yet because it is so intermitent. It cuold also be because sometimes he drinks a gallon of water it seems, and then he cannot hold it I guess. I'm not sure, I have a couple theories. It only seems to happen about once a week or so now.
Old 08-13-2006, 11:17 AM
Top Dog

Personally, I don't think there's anything so abnormal about this. Eight months old isn't so old. Average time for reliable potty training is 6 months. That's average. So, he's only two months older than that. They all mature at different rates. My Dobe wasn't reliable until he was about 10 months old and I took him out every 2 or 3 hours. I've had dogs reliable by 4 months. If you think he's going too frequently and if there is not a lot of out- put, you might indeed check with a vet just in case. But if I were you, I'd keep taking him out if he looks like he needs to so he doesn't pee in your house. Too many times like that and he'll get the idea it's OK to go in the house. You can work on spreading out the time inbetween bathroom visits later. I did with my Dobe and he's just fine.