Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 04-19-2005, 01:22 PM
Top Dog

Yep, even though I love dogs, I will always want a cat. They make you laugh, and I love their attitude of, "I'm lord of this house, you are my servents, and anyone who doesn't care for that gets booted out the door." lol So, mainly, I like their ego. lol
Old 04-19-2005, 02:02 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose's Gal
Yep, even though I love dogs, I will always want a cat. They make you laugh, and I love their attitude of, "I'm lord of this house, you are my servents, and anyone who doesn't care for that gets booted out the door." lol So, mainly, I like their ego. lol
I'm sure you've heard this saying:

Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.
Old 04-19-2005, 02:18 PM
~3 Mutts~

Cats totally rock. Their ego's are hysterical. I'll never be without a cat, as much as I love dogs.
Old 04-19-2005, 02:52 PM
Top Dog

LOL, my cat, Fagan, used to stand up for our Lhasa, Spencer. We had a friend over with his dog and the dog was barking at Spencer only wanting to play. When all of a sudden, Fagan popped around the corner and started attacking my friend's dog. It was so funny. My friend was just trying to get the cat off of his dog. Now with Sadie and Nora ... that's another story. I think Fagan's getting too old or to pissed off at me with all the pets. LOL, now he just says "Fend for your own .. YAWN"
Old 04-19-2005, 05:51 PM
Top Dog

I find that Rush is a good cat because he doesn't try to eat my little critters. I was able to teach him not to pester Abby (my Budgie) and not to chase Chum (my deceased G. Pig) in about 2 days. After that, he could be in the same room with them without a person present and he didn't do anything.
He is also pretty good with kids (Older kids anyway. Not little toddlers,) because he gives off plenty of warnings before he scratches or bites. He'll even do a fake swipe (He'll get you, but he'll have his claws in) before he does the real thing.

But what are your favortie cat breeds? (Like, pure bred cats.) I like the Pixie Bob, the Simease(sp?) and the Bengal. I also like the Main Coon.
Old 04-19-2005, 06:28 PM
~3 Mutts~

Siamese

I love the Siamese, too. I love them all, really. I don't think I have a favorite...though I do love the bombay breed a lot. Like little panthers
Old 04-19-2005, 06:31 PM
no touchy

LOL. Tippy tried to eat one of the neighbor's cats a few days ago. It was crossing the street to sleep under someone's car. She freaked him out and he ran off to sleep in the flowers, but another cat came out hissing at her. His tail was all puffed up....he was a very angry kitty cat. She kept letting out whiney barks, like, "C'mon, let's chase the kitty! Let's chase the kitty!"

I looove Siamese cats. Met one a few years ago. She's such a sweet cat. Her owners call her Dirt Ball (I can't think think of a dumber name for her), we called her Angel because she was a real sweetheart.
What are these tears upon your face?
Soon you will see, all of your fears will pass away.
And you'll be here, in my arms.
Just sleeping.
Old 04-19-2005, 06:41 PM
~3 Mutts~

Dirt Ball? Why would anyone name their cat Dirt Ball...? LOL Go Tippy! Get that kitty!
Old 04-19-2005, 06:55 PM
Top Dog

Dirt Ball? That has to be one of the weirdest names I've ever heard. lol

Our neighbor has a Black Cat (whom I've dubbed Midnight) that occasionally come into our yard. It used to come into our yard at night all of the time, and Rush would throw a fit. He'd be outside staring at this cat and the cat would be meowing and meowing and meowing, and if it started to move even a little bit, Rush would hiss at it and be really threatening toward it.
But that isn't what I was going to tell you. lol It came into our yard one time and our dogs treed it up a tree that is only about 10ft high. They were both barking and just making a fuss. (Rose was trying to climb the tree to get it.) We went out and got our dogs away, and the cat climbed down and went home.
Old 04-20-2005, 08:02 AM
Love my pets

Grady came into his own. Tiny used to be the same way but now he tells them what to do except for Kona who is still learning about cats. Bear actually comes around Kona which I never thought would happen. Cats are funny and will show their true colors when they need to.