Question about my pups

krisykris

I bought a yorkie poo from a pet store (bad, I know) he's a great wonderful dog and I love him he's 4 months. I bought an 8 week old jack russell/yorkie mix from a possible BYB 2 days ago because I wanted Bentley *the poo* to have a playmate. Now my question is this, I'm not VERY experienced with owning multiple dogs and I can't tell if they're playing or fighting. The yorkie russell mix is REALLY small and Bentley isn't really that big, but I'm just concerned. Thanks for the help!

Lizmo

Water Junkie
What are they doing that is making you conserned? How are they playing?

L

LabBreeder

As long as they don't bite hard (leave holes/blood/make the other yip constantly) then it's probably rough play.

Lizmo

Water Junkie
I agree if they are is no blood or yelping then it is probably just rough play Lizzie my bc mix and our standerd poodle play rough to the point that you would think that they were killing each other but they will go in circles chasing each other and brking so loud that the "man on the moon" could hear.lol!

Senna

look for a sign where there lower half(tail end)is in the air while the other half is low to or on the ground,that normally signals play...when they are not playing or rufhousing they normally stretch but when playing or fighting they wont

Red_ACD_for_me

Ruled by a RED boy!
Why don't you buy a book on dogs and behavior and read it :D Try that new Cesar Millan dog whisperer book, it has received pretty good ratings. One other question, if you knew it was bad to buy a pup from a petstore and BYB then why did you? And you fell into the whole poo cross hype :rolleyes: .

colliewog

Collies&Terriers, Oh My!
When buying books, buy several. My recommendation would be: Before and After Getting Your Puppy: The Positive Approach to Raising a Happy, Healthy, and Well-Behaved Dog by Dr Ian Dunbar.

krisykris

Red_ACD_for_me said:
Why don't you buy a book on dogs and behavior and read it :D Try that new Cesar Millan dog whisperer book, it has received pretty good ratings. One other question, if you knew it was bad to buy a pup from a petstore and BYB then why did you? And you fell into the whole poo cross hype :rolleyes: .
I didn't know it was bad to buy from a petstore until I had already purchased my puppy and looked up the breeders information on the internet to which I found out that she was indeed a "puppymill" The BYB-er came highly reccommended and I'm not certain that it IS a BYB or more of a hobbyist, that's why I said a "possible" BYB. And I happen to love the yorkie poo that I bought, I did not fall into any hype about the breed. I fell in love with the DOG and he was the perfect type of dog for me, so the price was regardless. I knew I was getting an expensive "mutt" but that wasn't what was important. Anyhow, thanks for the advice about the book- I watch the show a lot. I just came here for advice, not snippy responses about my breed of dog, or my dog buying practices.

Fran27

Any breeder selling those designer dogs is a BYB.

But what is done is done anyway...

Pictures? :D

Members online

No members online now.