Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog Food and Recipes

Old 08-04-2006, 03:57 PM
Rusty but Trusty

Well today I just started her off on some chicken. Just a piece of boneless, skinless, chicken breast. She ate it fine, she did scarf it done but I sliced it into pieces and the only big piece that I left for her she did chew. She is doing fine so far, but I gave it to her at 10 this morning so we should know by tonight if she's going to get sick from it or not. She's eaten boiled chicken and broiled chicken (with marinade) and hasn't gotten sick. I know she does alright on chicken meal dog food so I think she will be ok with the chicken (fingers AND toes crossed). It's gonna be FUN to clean up if she can't handle the chicken though!

Old 08-04-2006, 04:12 PM
whatszmatter

feeding meat only will eventually lead to some pretty loose poops. Just FYI, so if she's a little loose, it might just be from that, not that she's sick or anything.
Old 08-04-2006, 04:30 PM
Top Dog

Put it this way Juliefurry- I'd EXPECT your dog to have loose stools after their 1st raw meal. Probably 2-3 days as the dog's system gets used to the new richer food. Tomorrow feed her something with the bones in it, and the skin on. It's all good for them.
Old 08-04-2006, 04:40 PM
Rusty but Trusty

Yeah I would like to take back my beginning statement of her NOT being sick. We just went out to the yard and her poop was regular at first and then it became basically water. It might be because Mark gave her a nature's variety raw bone though today too. She's going to get some chicken leg quarters tomorrow, we're picking them up from the butcher in the afternoon. I still have some of her Evo, we actually picked up another bag incase she just could not switch to raw (didn't like it, or could not tolerate it) so she will get her Evo tonight for dinner. It looks like I'm gonna be taking her out a lot today and tonight and she'll be sleeping in her crate (so she doesn't get make a big mess all over the house.

Old 08-05-2006, 05:43 PM
Rusty but Trusty

Default Chicken leg quarters are Hannah approved!

Well we got the chicken leg quarters today and Hannah LOVES them! She ate it slowly, did not scarf, and she was not food aggressive (which I wasn't really worried about but just checked anyways). She ate 2 pieces, in about 15 minutes. Now she's laying around by my feet. Her stool did firm back up agian this morning, but she also had Evo for dinner last night too. So we'll see what happens with this new chicken. It was so gross bagging the chicken up though, it just came in a box with ice and that was it. I had no idea the pieces were so big though.

Old 08-05-2006, 06:18 PM
LabBreeder

I've had to lay off on the idea of feeding raw due to Tony's accident and not having money to spare right now. Hopefully we can pick up on it in a few weeks though.
Old 08-05-2006, 06:37 PM
Rusty but Trusty

Quote:
Originally Posted by LabBreeder
I've had to lay off on the idea of feeding raw due to Tony's accident and not having money to spare right now. Hopefully we can pick up on it in a few weeks though.
Yeah I'm sorry about that. This will just give you more time to research though. I'm still researching myself but I'm just getting Hannah used to raw foods though. Hope you guys can still feed the raw in a couple weeks though because I think your two will love it.

Old 08-05-2006, 08:00 PM
and Fozzie B!

I'm sorry, for you & Tony. Don't worry about it! Just make sure he gets better!

You also have plenty of time to research the heck out of Raw, and make meal plans and such. I'm so sorry if it's already been posted, but these two books are awesome! Just click on full text, and you can view the book for free.

http://www.rawmeatybones.com/book.html

http://www.rawmeatybones.com/book-ww.html

<3 Erica, Gonzo & Fozzie