Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 04-10-2005, 02:22 PM
Big Dog

Default prita is changing color

Hello all!
it's been a while since my last post.hope all is well.

I'd like to ask you something,do dogs change colors?I've had lots of dogs but none of my dogs changed color...

Prita is changing,she was black with a little white on her feet and on her chest and a little on her face.

Now she's turning into grey/white,she has black only on her back and that's changing
"Dogs have given us their absolute all. We are the center of their universe. We are the focus of their love and faith and trust. They serve us in return for scraps. It is without a doubt the best deal man has ever made." ~Roger Caras
Prita's slideshow
Old 04-10-2005, 03:07 PM
Felurian

That's odd. You might ask your vet about it. It's probably nothing, but you never know. Kharma changed color, but nothing that dramatic, just from a dark fawn with dark markings on her face and down her chest to a red fawn with significantly fewer dark markings.

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 04-10-2005, 03:30 PM
Big Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renee750il
That's odd. You might ask your vet about it. It's probably nothing, but you never know. Kharma changed color, but nothing that dramatic, just from a dark fawn with dark markings on her face and down her chest to a red fawn with significantly fewer dark markings.
thanks for the reply renee,i'll call the vet tomorrow,hope it's nothing.
"Dogs have given us their absolute all. We are the center of their universe. We are the focus of their love and faith and trust. They serve us in return for scraps. It is without a doubt the best deal man has ever made." ~Roger Caras
Prita's slideshow
Old 04-10-2005, 04:19 PM
Don't encourage me..

Gus changes colour when he sheds. In the summer he's much lighter! But i've never heard of a dog dramatically changing colour!!

The man who smiles when things go wrong has thought of someone to blame it on. - Robert Bloch

Old 04-10-2005, 04:22 PM
Top Dog

That's weird for a dog to change colors. How old is your dog? I know horses can change from birth to adult. Like, no gray horse is born gray. They're either born black or brown then slowing have the white mix in until they're gray. My gray horse was born black and by the time he died he was pure white! Dalmations are born without their spots, so maybe this sometimes happens with dogs as well?
Old 04-11-2005, 02:01 AM
Big Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by EliNHunter
That's weird for a dog to change colors. How old is your dog? I know horses can change from birth to adult. Like, no gray horse is born gray. They're either born black or brown then slowing have the white mix in until they're gray. My gray horse was born black and by the time he died he was pure white! Dalmations are born without their spots, so maybe this sometimes happens with dogs as well?

she's 9month,i know that dogs might change slightly the color,but black to light grey/white
Prita's slideshow
Old 04-19-2005, 01:49 PM
Big Dog

just wanted to let everyone know that the vet told me not to worry,it's physical.
Prita's slideshow
Old 04-19-2005, 05:54 PM
Are you dead yet?

Do you have her clipped when she gets groomed? My grandpa's mini schnauzer turned a very light gray color after she was clipped, when originally she was a very dark gray/black.