Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog Food and Recipes

Old 08-04-2006, 01:21 PM
Puppy Dog

Default What's the different btw Innova & Innova EVO?

I'm totally new to these high quality foods (used to feed my dogs "grocery store foods" until ... last month when I finally learned that they're bad, and swiched to Nutro Ultra - based on the special promotion at the local PetsMart . My dogs seem to do fine on the Nutro, but I want the best for them, so should I choose some other better food?

I came to the Food Supplies store, and got myself totally confused! (I thought the many brands at the grocery store are confusing, but now these high quality foods are even more confusing to me!!). There are so many different brands, and then so many different types within each brand. How do you guys choose??

Oh, here are my little ones @ about 9 mo old.
Old 08-04-2006, 01:24 PM
Who woulda thought <3

I *think* that the difference is that EVO has no grain in it at all
Old 08-04-2006, 02:08 PM
Dog Show Addict

yuppers Evo has no grain at all in it for the "allergie sensative dogs" - like Riot lol He'll be switching to Evo come winter time.

Right now my Belgian is on Fromm Duck and Potato

Other good brands to look for are Innova, Solid Gold, Natural Balance, Candiae and Wellness(although, this brand is starting to slide)
Ares
Princess aka Tettles

Old 08-04-2006, 03:46 PM
Rusty but Trusty

Evo has no grain and a higher protein and fat content. I feed Hannah Evo kibble and canned and she loves it. The Evo comes in the regular sized kibble (which are really small, about the size of a pinky finger nail I wanna say) and large bite kibbles which are bigger. You can check out all the Innova line at naturapet.com they show all the different Innova lines that they have and the other brands that they make as well.

Old 08-05-2006, 01:52 AM
Big Dog

I'm feeding Stogie Innova EVO, and he likes it alot. He eats the plain kibble with no problem, but I mix in some Innova canned for the evening feeding - like a big hearty dinner I guess The kibble smells terrible to me, like fishy or something. But he likes it alot.

Now, for the answer to your question: As from what I was told and have read, the EVO is grain free, and very high in protein. Its an alternative to feeding your dog a RAW diet. Beyond that - I couldn't tell ya.

Want to see a Video of Stogie? Click his picture