Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog News and Articles

Old 04-19-2005, 12:36 PM
We are Home.

im pretty sure we all know how i voted but ill just say NO!!!!!!!!!!! lol how could anyone want to ban their cute faces and great personalities cuz of some dumb*** people sorry bout the language its the best way for me to des. how i feel tho

Advice, most needed, is least heeded- Fortune Cookie

Old 04-19-2005, 01:28 PM
Top Dog

I voted No too.....and really, if you think about it, how will banning help? Sure it might stop the idiots that own them, but it will also stop the good people from owning them too. But it won't stop the dogfighters. People who fight their dogs are already doing it illegally, so what makes you think they won't own a Pittie illegally too? So basically, it would just stop the good people from owning them.
That would be like banning guns. (Kinda.) It would only stop the responsible ones that obey the law from owning one. But then, all of the people who would use them for illegal purposes anyway, would just own them illegally.
Old 04-19-2005, 02:05 PM
boxers-r-us

I agree, you know how the old saying goes.... When someone says "guns kill" someone else says "no the idiot who pulls the trigger kills". Same goes for pits, it's not the dogs, it's the person who raises the dogs. I agree with what you say on banning them too - that the good people who obey the law will be the looser in that one.
Old 04-19-2005, 03:20 PM
pointer/labrador/terrier

i had to sit here one night while one young man told me the sorrowful tale of his pitty that the city put down. What a great dog it was.. How it just kept getting out..sigh..how it kept getting in fights..sigh...how he had wanted to breed it..geez..so i put on one more litter site. He was the typical of what i was talking about. He doesn't have himself under control. Lots and lots of problems there. I drove down the road to the gas station and passed a pit tied in the back of a truck in the sun..red flag so after i gassed up i went back and it was still there. i knocked on the door loud music no answer. I tried the neighbors across the street, they wouldn't open the door and wouldn't even look at the dog..i was trying to get them to call. i was suppose to be taking my mom to the doc. So i picked her up (only a couple of blocks away) and told her i had to go back..the dog was IN THE SUN..i had water for him and ws determined to get someone out of the house. anyway when i got there a man came out of the house..climbed up to the back of the truck..beer bottle in hand and fell over on his head on the pavement. Aaron was with me and said it was the funniest thing he ever saw..except for the dog..look what he got to look forward to as an owner...Pity the pits and babes all over the world..it just makes u so weary in the heart.