Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog Food and Recipes

Old 07-31-2006, 02:21 PM
Bobsk8

It is amazing at the number of different rawhide bones that are sold in pet stores and apparently are given to dogs on a regular basis. My dog can eat one a week easily, and I went to a up scale Pet store today where the women there cautioned me on using these bones. She said that the ones from out of the country contain formaldehyde. The brand I have been getting is Dently's and sure enough, when I got home, I see they are made in Columbia and imported by a company in Phoenix ,
Old 07-31-2006, 03:35 PM
Top Dog

There was a lot of bad press about greenies recently. I would never feed them to my dogs.

Like the others have said- raw bones are the best. Stay away from things like shin bones that are cut into slices as they are very hard and can break teeth.
Old 08-04-2006, 06:56 AM
Yes, He's A Beagle

Tugger started out on cow hoofs.....but he got aggressive when we took it away...so we decided not to give those to him anymore. And he also got very sick on rawhide....so those were taken away months ago. Then we tried him on the edible nylabones.....but he ate them too quickly--throws them up. I'm convinced "FOOD" doesn't always work for dogs to chew on. So we gave him those yellow (like tennis ball material) toys that he can play with--chew. He tears them to shreds and eats the stuff. So we took those away. You'd think Tugger was a huge, rough dog....but he's only a beagle! LOL!

So as a last resort....we tried something else. Have you ever seen the Pet Smart commercial....the one where the owner takes the old toy back to the store with her pet....gets the same exact toy and the dachshund carries it out the store. We got one of those for Tugger.....and he's been chewing on that thing like it's a binky! He reminds us of the commercial--and goes no where without it. We've already gone through 1 (made the mistake of cutting off the tags too close to the seam--and Tugger tore it to shreds!)....he's on his 2nd toy....and I stocked up and bought a 3rd for an emergency. They cost under $10 each....and he occupies himself for hours with it. We've nicknamed the toy "chewy" so Tugger knows when we want him to go get his "chewy"...he goes and gets that toy. It's been over a month with #2 chewy and as filthy as it is....that dog is very content and happy and doesn't chizzle on my furniture anymore...and it seems to help him chew near his rear teeth where he needs comfort the most.

Old 08-04-2006, 10:52 AM
Active Pup

Never seen that commercial----

can you please put a link, or a description up?

thanks
Old 08-04-2006, 11:14 AM
treehugging clicker freak

I love that commercial... lol
Maddie has to get the same type of squirrel every time we go to pets mart, and she carries it out just like the commercial. People stop and ask to take her picture

Click Here: Loofa Dog

Maddie CGC .:. Cocker Spaniel .:. 12 y/o
Bailey CGC .:. Shetland Sheepdog .:. 5 y/o
Old 08-04-2006, 04:44 PM
Yes, He's A Beagle

Here's the commercial:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1UoR3jwgpU8

Here's Tugger with his:

Last edited by Tugger's Mom; 08-04-2006 at 04:57 PM.