Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > The Dog Breeds

Old 08-02-2006, 01:47 PM
Yorkie Love

There is no such breed as a Gizmo.

I would be very very careful, you are most likely looking at a very bad breeder and in the end will be heartbroken.

If you want a small, non shedding, odorless dog... get a toy poodle and never let it outside.

Please dont get one of these dogs, you want a healthy dog that will live a very long life. Look through the breeding section of the forum and get some information on how to find a good breeder. Trust me in the long run you will be much happier.

Good Luck

Elissa
Old 08-02-2006, 03:09 PM
LabBreeder

There is no such breed as a Gizmo and no such thing as a non shedding, odor free dog. Geez, sounds like another byb is trying to get the best of a young person that doesn't know any better.

Call this "breeder" and ask her: What breed is the dog? Where did it originate? Were the parents health tested (not vet check, it's different)? Do they have a health guarantee? What are the breeds hereditary problems? How much for the pup? *If it's over $50 you are dealing with a designer dog byb'er that is in it for the money and mixing breeds for profit.* I'm willing to bet if you ask these questions and post the answers on here you will get a unanimous "It's a BYB, RUN!" answer.
Old 08-02-2006, 03:13 PM
Int CH - $uperBitch

Quote:
never heard of a gizmo, but in response to 'no mixed breeds' every dog originated from something, technically everydog IS a mixed breed... but I dont agree with the current trend of puggles and labradoodles either...
yes all current dog breeds did orginate from crossing lots of breeds but at the moment we're talking about a mix between TWO breeds which would make it cross, current dog breeds are cross's of hundreds of dogs not just two dogs, and all the dogs breeds atm come out as puppies looking relatively the same

Old 08-02-2006, 08:22 PM
Top Dog

Who didn't fall in love with " Gizmo " ??!! I'd say this BYB bred their pom with another cross breed and the pups looked like Gizmo ....cute ? Sure .... hey, small breed owners , what would produce a " Gizmo" look- alike ??? Take color/ eyes/ size/ eyes into factor. Do not pay " designer " prices !!

http://mauzysmusings.blogspot.com/
Old 08-03-2006, 01:13 AM
Active Pup

Quote:
Originally Posted by PomsMom
My grand daughter is wanting to get a Gizmo. She saw advertisement in paper and going to bring picture to show me, but just wondered if anyone knew what kind of dog this is
It's a mogwai. Don't feed them after midnight.
Old 08-03-2006, 09:04 AM
Top Dog

I have a friend that bought a Labradoodle a couple months ago as a pup. He paid $800 for it. Which was actually cheap since they go for $1000 - $1600 around here. My dog was given to me and he's a Newfie/lab and he's the best dog! my friend could have adopted a dog from a local shelter and got a wonderful dog but it wouldn't have been the "Designer" breed. So he paid the money for it since it was "designer."
Old 08-03-2006, 11:17 AM
Top Dog

Ollie was in Petfinder as a retriever/poodle mix. Definitely a Golden/Cheesie ! Came neutered/all shots/micro chipped .... $125. A BYB would have charged at least $5000 for a " Goldessie " .

http://mauzysmusings.blogspot.com/

Last edited by bubbatd; 08-03-2006 at 11:19 AM. Reason: ad
Old 08-03-2006, 04:09 PM
Active Pup

There's ads in our paper for designer breeds all the time charging good money for them too...