Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > The Breeding Ground

Old 08-01-2006, 10:29 PM
Top Dog

To each his own..... I never liked whelping on newspaper due to the traction and ink.

http://mauzysmusings.blogspot.com/
Old 08-02-2006, 06:36 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbatd
To each his own..... I never liked whelping on newspaper due to the traction and ink.
really I haveent had a problem with Jess, but she was very quite through, i guess if wouldnt be ok for a dog that moved around alot. Pluss she liked to shred it through out, towels are great also we got a load from charity shops
Old 08-02-2006, 05:40 PM
Certified Animallover!

When Love and her Mother Whelped we used pee pads... The thing you put in baby beds when they wet the bed... It like a blanket buts its gotta rubber bottem to keep liquid in. I used them up till about 5 weeks of age then I used saw dust. We bought several pee pads so when one got wet we just changed it. But try as we might Lovie would get to their poop before we did... It was a loosing battle. She would still try to "clean up" after them at 8 weeks (YUCK) Love was a great mommy she weaned the puppies herself.
unluckly she hated her whelping box and chose my closet only to desert it and Whelp on my bed. Good thing I woke up and slid a pad under her.... it could have got messy!!!!

Old 08-02-2006, 08:49 PM
Top Dog

Believe me... this wouldn't have worked with my Goldens !!! Besides, we didn't have pee-pads back then. I would NEVER use saw dust !

http://mauzysmusings.blogspot.com/
Old 08-03-2006, 05:10 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbatd
Believe me... this wouldn't have worked with my Goldens !!! Besides, we didn't have pee-pads back then. I would NEVER use saw dust !
I know what you mean saw dust or wood chippings are a huge no no, they stick to the puppy's they puppy's could choke on them and also its bad for their respiratory health
Old 08-03-2006, 12:02 PM
Certified Animallover!

I only used saw dust when they were older in their outdoor run.. when I had them out to play. It was to keep the ticks and flees away. cedar is known to keep flees and ticks away. I did not use them when they are new born. I did not use it indoors either.