Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog Food and Recipes

Old 07-24-2006, 07:57 PM
Rusty but Trusty

Quote:
Originally Posted by iheartsammy
I feed EVO, and believe me...WE ARE POOR!!!!
Us too !

Old 07-25-2006, 11:46 AM
Happy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihartgonzo
Casablanca, have you ever seen Mordy's Dog Food Project cost comparison chart? It makes it obvious that feeding a premium food is *cheapest* in the long-run!
That's only valid if you have the money in the short-run. It's also cheaper in the long run to buy good-quality clothing instead of cheap synthetics, and to invest in real estate, but if the cash isn't there, it's impossible to do.

Quote:
I don't feel that is a legitimate excuse. The only excuse is ignorance/lack of education, IMO. I know plenty of people who are NOT wealthy, and they feed their dogs Kirkland or Evo or Eagle Pack, without complaining about it at all.
I'm not talking about people who 'aren't wealthy,' I'm talking about people who don't have any spare cash at all. No movies, no Starbucks, no vacations, no impromptu trips to the shore or the lake or the mountains, no Blockbusters, no nothing extra. Staples, in that life, really are staples. Bread, milk, potatoes, and yes, generic or grocery-store dog food.

Quote:
If they research what's going into their dog, they will find that buying foods that are 5% crappy meat protein is like throwing money into a black hole, it takes so much more to keep weight on the dogs and the side affects to their health are devestating, as far as Vet bills, the vast majority of the time.
Research takes time and energy. The people who don't have enough money to hunt down and buy Candide or Canidae or whatever it's called are not likely to have the leisure time to hop online to investigate their kids' dog's diet.
Old 07-26-2006, 10:31 PM
treehugging clicker freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by iheartsammy
Sam use to eat Eukanuba... I thought it was the best food ever...I'm so glad I joined chaz
Same here! I only wish I would've learned sooner, but boy am I glad I've got my dogs on EVO now

Maddie CGC .:. Cocker Spaniel .:. 12 y/o
Bailey CGC .:. Shetland Sheepdog .:. 5 y/o
Old 07-26-2006, 10:39 PM
Who woulda thought <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brattina88
Same here! I only wish I would've learned sooner, but boy am I glad I've got my dogs on EVO now
Same here, I have always fed Purina products....till now of course Chloe get Innova but I am thinking of switching to Innova EVO

Last edited by jess2416; 07-26-2006 at 10:39 PM. Reason: Sp
Old 07-27-2006, 11:21 AM
The dog is never wrong!

Quote:
Originally Posted by casablanca1
I'm not talking about people who 'aren't wealthy,' I'm talking about people who don't have any spare cash at all. No movies, no Starbucks, no vacations, no impromptu trips to the shore or the lake or the mountains, no Blockbusters, no nothing extra. Staples, in that life, really are staples. Bread, milk, potatoes, and yes, generic or grocery-store dog food.
Thats definatly us right there! And even then, its still cheaper (up front) to buy a premium food. You just have to do tons of research, and really look around, and make a few compromises here and there. Cause there is no way we can afford feed a food like Innova EVO even though thats what I would probably feed if I could.
For example on the Petco website, a 35 lb bag of Beneful is $20.
My food is $20 for 40 pounds. I'm only using 10 cups a day for 7 dogs. I dont think you can accomplish those same results with Beneful.
You just got to really search, and research to find the best.
Old 07-27-2006, 07:51 PM
ME+DOGS=CRAZY

Quote:
Originally Posted by casablanca1
I'm not talking about people who 'aren't wealthy,' I'm talking about people who don't have any spare cash at all. No movies, no Starbucks, no vacations, no impromptu trips to the shore or the lake or the mountains, no Blockbusters, no nothing extra. Staples, in that life, really are staples. Bread, milk, potatoes, and yes, generic or grocery-store dog food
if you don't have any spare cash AT ALL, then you really are in no financial spot to even own a dog at that point in your life...I mean what if it got sick or something? people need to think before they get a pet..and I don't think there's anyone that dosen't have spare cash to do ANYTHING ! I'm not talking about you or anyone here. just some ppl in the real world say they don't have enough money for high-quality dog food, but they can spend over $50 in beer and all that crap! (like my mother..grrr)
where doing nothing was not boring--it was peace."
~Milan Kundera